Discussion in 'RLC' started by kjokkenjokken, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently on Ex MM2 and a couple of my RLC guys tried to book the RLC Lodge in Calgary. They phoned 105 Sqn and were told it is for permanent and temporary staff only, not exercising troops. I'm not sure how the lodge is funded, whether the RLC Association is involved or not. Could any one tell me if we are just being fobbed off or indeed exercise troops cannot use it.

Any POC would be appreciated too.

Many Thanks

2. Don't forget in the eyes of the permanent staff out there exercising troops are at the bottom of the food chain! :wink:
  3. Its not the RLC Lodge, it's the BATUS Lodge at the Windtowers in Canmore.

The ruling about who uses it may (or may not) be correct, but its use is not controlled by 105 Sqn.

Go to the Sports/liquor store at Crowfoot (the same place where you can hire vehicles cheap) and speak to them. Even if you can't have the lodge, they will put in a booking for you at the same Windtower lodge and you should get the BATUS discount. The rooms won't be much more than the lodge and you can walk away without having to clean them or wash the bedding.

There is also a flat in Calgary that will sleep 6. Speak to the movements cell to book this if it is available.

I feel dirty now that I have helped out Exercising Tps.
  4. Thanks very much for the info. :D