Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.wokr13.tv/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-9E60-21C8818788D4

Do we believe him or is this another case of the 'Andy McNabb' disease? :D

2. And what is the relevence of 'of Lebanese descent' or 'of Arab descent' or 'a Marine of Sudanese origin'. Americans or not?
  3. who knows? :?
  4. He was captured by troops of the 4ID along with special forces. To my knowledge no Marines were involved or even shot at that location. I have seen this article elsewhere and feel it is wrong to say the least.
  5. Oh, my.. Lordy, Lordy, Lord Flashy..

don't you get it?.. local spin!!.. saying where they boys' origins' are, makes the tale more plausible!!.. consider how ' credible the story would be if it was told by a bunch of ' twang' speaking Texas good ol' boy Marines...to that market..

This story can now be denied, officialy ' back home ' as a baseless fabrication and the tellers implied as being ' less than ... '[ though, of course, still American soldiers ]...

doubt this will become a topic of some congressional subcommittee looking into nefarious undertakings, etc... Democrap Lefties would be all over this if it had any street cred at all...

still, we all know the ' real ' tale behind the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima...so...
  6. Now I see! I didn't think 'some' Americans were so thick. Might well change me mind. :wink:
  7. Is "ablo" the cockney pronunciation for hablo ?
  8. Yeah right. Let me see here, Saddam has a nice set of FRENCH lawyers. If they knew this, from Saddam himself, it would be the front page of every newspaper in the world.

Its another case of liar/traitor, trying to get his 15 mins of fame.