Ex-Marine Jailed Over Smuggling Sniper Sights To Iran

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Oct 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. _____________________________________________________________________
  2. Former Royal Marine from Wisbech jailed after putting our troops in danger by illegal arms exports plan - News - Wisbech Standard

I vaguely recall an arms find in Basra where similar scopes were discovered and traced back to Iran.

They have also been used in Afghanistan.

How German sniper scopes secretly sold to Iran, were given to the Taliban and brought down a major Italian arms smuggling ring - unfreemedia.org - Middle East & N Africa

3. Does that mean that there will be a cheap batch of S&Bs coming onto the market then?
  4. Keep a lookout for the Custom and Excise and Police auctions, that is where most of the stuff gets flogged off.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Firstly, what an utter tosser, and he richly deserves to go to jail, and get bummed by Mr Big in the showers while he's there, and secondly, what an utter tosser.
  6. I wonder who's gonna say 'you just can't trust these Booties' first.
  7. This is on File on 4 now 20:00hrs 07 Jun 11 (listen again perhaps too)
  8. 30 months (paroled in 6?) is hardly an exemplary sentence, more like a slap on the wrist. Not that I'm implying anything.....

He was a silly, greedy **** to get involved; either very cocky or very naive. Given the resources that several very competent intelligence agencies are devoting to thwarting Iranian ambition at the moment, anybody with a brain who hears the word 'Iran' gets up and walks away from the table.