Ex Long Look

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by nik_kershaw, Sep 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am trying to get information about how i get on to or more information about doing Ex Long Look, any ideas anyone?

2. Look on the Intranet. There's a DIN that has been released containing all the pertinent information

3. I did it in 2001, went to 7 SigRegt (EW) in Cabarlah, Queensland. It deploys usually mid May for about 4 months (unless you get delayed in Sydney for 11 days on the way back :) ) It is usually open upto Sgt (occasionally SSgt/WOII) and up to Capt but usually Lt. I had a great time and would go and live in Brisbane now if I could. As for application, I fell on my feet and phoned HQ Land direct , got in the poo a bit, but was worth it, I am sure you'll agree) Getting it is rarer than hens teeth. Any questions PM me.

4. Visit the Spotted Cow in Toowoomba? :wink:

5. I did mate ! Bit too country for me, now if you are talking bars, the Vic on Edwards St in Brisbane is THE best bar in the world.

6. Aye - there was also a Sports Bar on the same street - freakin' huge it was. I quite liked City Rowers on the river though.

7. Adrenalin. Up the stairs. Awesome.

8. The best person you could speak to about applying for this is the Adjt.

I went to 7 Sigs in 2003 and had an awesome time, Guru - The Vic, what a place, used to take mondays off just so i could have all day there on the sunday afternoon sesh.

The job is now open to both RS op and Spec op, it is now geared toward a full screw to go over but a siggie went last year.

Any queries pm me.

9. PM me, I have a mate over there now. If he agrees I'll give you his contact details and you can take it from there.

10. Is it open to the TA?

11. What? Australia? I think they'll let anyone in - check with the consulate :twisted: