Ex-KGB analyst says US will collapse — next year

#1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090304...end_is_near;_ylt=AhlrPLVJrH4aTkYEKm6seTBw24cA

...President Barack Obama will order martial law this year, the U.S. will split into six rump-states before 2011, and Russia and China will become the backbones of a new world order.
...
"There is a high probability that the collapse of the United States will occur by 2010," Panarin told dozens of students, professors and diplomats Tuesday at the Diplomatic Academy — a lecture the ministry pointedly invited The Associated Press and other foreign media to attend.

The prediction from Panarin, a former spokesman for Russia's Federal Space Agency and reportedly an ex-KGB analyst, meshes with the negative view of the U.S. that has been flowing from the Kremlin in recent years, in particular from Vladimir Putin.

Putin, the former president who is now prime minister, has likened the United States to Nazi Germany's Third Reich and blames Washington for the global financial crisis that has pounded the Russian economy.
...
Panarin argued that Americans are in moral decline, saying their great psychological stress is evident from school shootings, the size of the prison population and the number of gay men.
Such an idiot.
 
#3
They've been saying this for years though haven't they? I remember seeing a spookily similar commentary some 4 years ago now. A case of wishful thinking perhaps?
 
#4
Cuckoo
 
A

ALVIN

Guest
#5
This is very rich coming from a country which has itself already collapsed. :!: Has it ever occured to anyone that the K.G.B analyst has been told to say this by his boss ? ----------- Victor pratt. (they still love playing political chess with the west) Their women are tasty. They arnt a bad bunch really ! :D :D
 
#6
ALVIN said:
This is very rich coming from a country which has itself already collapsed. :!: Has it ever occured to anyone that the K.G.B analyst has been told to say this by his boss ? ----------- Victor pratt. (they still love playing political chess with the west) Their women are tasty. They arnt a bad bunch really ! :D :D
The problem with Russian birds is they start like this,



and end up like this

 
#7
One swallow does not a summer make. Sure, they're up shit-creek - so are the rest of us. But there's still a lot of self-interest for the various groups in staying together and a great deal of apathy in the groups that don't have it. So what if it becomes a Spanish-speaking nation in 20 years? It'll still be America, God help us.

The worst that will happen is that the world changes.
 
#8
CQMS said:
ALVIN said:
This is very rich coming from a country which has itself already collapsed. :!: Has it ever occured to anyone that the K.G.B analyst has been told to say this by his boss ? ----------- Victor pratt. (they still love playing political chess with the west) Their women are tasty. They arnt a bad bunch really ! :D :D
The problem with Russian birds is they start like this,



and end up like this

The funny thing is, it's the other way round after a few swallies in the NAAFI Bop. :D
 
#9
He might be right.
Didn't take the British Empire long to disappear down the tubes way back when, did it?
If this "global" financial downturn is as severe as people keep telling us it is then the effects may be quite dramatic.
I don't buy into the States breaking apart but complete financial meltdown and the USA loosing its influence around the world isn't that big a leap to make
 
#10
jagman said:
He might be right.
Didn't take the British Empire long to disappear down the tubes way back when, did it?
and the USA loosing its influence around the world isn't that big a leap to make
Sorry mate, but that's a huge leap. Britain had a population of something like 30 million when the Empire started to go down the swanee. The USA has 305 million. It's a different ballgame. 305 million people will always have an influence.
The USA will change (which country doesn't?) but it'll never collapse to the point of being a second world nation, like Russia did. There's too much money there.
 
#14
goingsupersonic said:
So you agree it's just not population size that counts.
305 Million poor people, no, 305 million poor people all with guns using a currency that the international market in oil is based on, yes.
 
#15
I certainly agree that it's not just population size that counts. It's a fair point.

I was oversimplifying maybe, so shall we go into GDP? The USA has such a massive population, that earns so much, that produces so much, that owns so much, that owes so much....

It is of course more complicated than mere population count. I was just using pop to make a simplified point. It's a massive country in EVERY sense of the word.
 
#16
Mugatu2 said:
jagman said:
He might be right.
Didn't take the British Empire long to disappear down the tubes way back when, did it?
and the USA loosing its influence around the world isn't that big a leap to make
Sorry mate, but that's a huge leap. Britain had a population of something like 30 million when the Empire started to go down the swanee. The USA has 305 million. It's a different ballgame. 305 million people will always have an influence.
The USA will change (which country doesn't?) but it'll never collapse to the point of being a second world nation, like Russia did. There's too much money there.
The point I am trying to get at is that there may not be "to much money there" for that much longer. If the financial guru's are right that is.
There are a billion Chinese out there, a billion Indians too. Take away the financial security of the US then they haven't much else to keep them at the top of the pile.
 
#17
Mugatu2 said:
I certainly agree that it's not just population size that counts. It's a fair point.

I was oversimplifying maybe, so shall we go into GDP? The USA has such a massive population, that earns so much, that produces so much, that owns so much, that owes so much....

It is of course more complicated than mere population count. I was just using pop to make a simplified point. It's a massive country in EVERY sense of the word.
Point taken. I was being a bit facetious
 
#19
jagman said:
Mugatu2 said:
jagman said:
He might be right.
Didn't take the British Empire long to disappear down the tubes way back when, did it?
and the USA loosing its influence around the world isn't that big a leap to make
Sorry mate, but that's a huge leap. Britain had a population of something like 30 million when the Empire started to go down the swanee. The USA has 305 million. It's a different ballgame. 305 million people will always have an influence.
The USA will change (which country doesn't?) but it'll never collapse to the point of being a second world nation, like Russia did. There's too much money there.
The point I am trying to get at is that there may not be "to much money there" for that much longer. If the financial guru's are right that is.
There are a billion Chinese out there, a billion Indians too. Take away the financial security of the US then they haven't much else to keep them at the top of the pile.
Except a vast production capacity, the most well trained and productive workforce on earth, a national cohesion second to few, a military second to none, and a proven ability to come back from every calamity it encounters bigger and better than before. Not much apart from that though :roll:
 
#20
parapauk said:
Except a vast production capacity, the most well trained and productive workforce on earth, a national cohesion second to few, a military second to none, and a proven ability to come back from every calamity it encounters bigger and better than before. Not much apart from that though :roll:
I think you may be being overly optimistic, parapauk. US production capacity is nowhere near what it once was, it's military is spread thin, and its people are beginning to panic.

For example, many I know in IT who have been laid off cannot get jobs and may face foreclosure on their homes. Homeless people, or those just scraping by, cannot go out and spend money - causing more businesses to close. The spiral, if it continues downward, could end American hegemony. Would be a sad end to a glorious beginning.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top