Ex-Infantry Soldier - Needs Support - HelpforHeroes

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by josh5000red, Feb 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

I am an ex infantry soldier (private) who served in Iraq with 2 Royal Anglian. As a result of that tour and other operation tours, I have had friends who have suffered horrific injuries or lost their lives.

I am doing a climb of Mount Kilimanjaro for Help for Heroes and am aiming to raise £4000.

This is my page - www.justgiving.com/josh-butcher1

You can sponsor anything from £1 using a debit card or using paypal.

Any support especially from serving soldiers or veterans would mean a lot,

Thanks

Josh Butcher

2. Is this the same one as the other seven threads you've started about this?

:?

3. Hi,

Yeah I am trying to get as much support as possible, and I know different people, view different posts,

Most coverage, will hopefully gain greater backing!

Josh

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Yup.....

Mate, good cause and all that but quit the spamming and get it in the right forum. If it is in Charities then that's good enough.

5. Based on how important this is, I dont think it matters how many posts I do.

I know two of three people that donated based on the post I put in the Infantry section, not the charity one, so its worthwhile!

6. One post is enough mate, if you look at the section, last 50 threads, you will see what people are talking about.

7. So, How much of the £4000 is to pay for your trip to Africa and to line the pockets of the organisers before any cause receives a penny? i.e. How many of us donating £1 will be paying for you to have a jaunt abroad?

Or has this been discussed before and you are starting different threads to avoid the question?

Already nailed here by the Snail!

So YES, it does matter how many threads you keep starting!

8. Thanks for the advice, I get what you are saying, but previous to posting anything, I personally would only look at certain sections as do some of my mates!

9. Hi,

Hadnt logged on until this month since Oct, so wasnt aware of the previous posts, as I would have responded quite openly.

So far to date I have spent around £700 of my OWN money to pay for the trip etc. That was mandatory prior to signing up. The total amount raised goes straight to the charity, as I clarified that with the charity at the start (one of my concerns).

As to the holiday quote, I personally dont feel like this is going to be a holiday. I have since Oct 2009, trained harder that was ever required whilst serving. I have been training for 1-2 hours every night, doing 10-12 mile runs and 4 hour hikes on each day of a weekend. The only day off I had from training was Christmas day. I doubt this amount of dedication or energy would be used for going 'on holiday'.

I find it offensive that anyone who has served or is serving would see a challenge like this as so insignificant based on who I am doing this for.

Josh

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Mate,

I haven't seen any one talk about an insignificant challenge but I have seen a lot about spamming.

Please - stick to one forum, make it the charity one and you won't run into trouble.

Just remember where we are all coming from too.........

11. Josh, ignore the self-opinionated wankers. If you were a bird who flashed your norks they'd be on you like a tramp on chips. They'd cry when you left too, or at least one of the gob-shites would. What's up mayo, scared in case you lose the monopoly on 'charidee'. You ferking critter.

12. 'Gobshite' ?? Pot calling Kettle !

You really are a complete twat aren't you