Ex Gunner running 100 miles in one day

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Clausewitz, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a recently retired Gunner, so I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I am going to be running the Sri Chinmoy Self Transcendence 24hr ultra marathon in Oct 2009 in aid of the Down's Syndrome Association.

My aims are to:

1. Raise £10,000 for the Down's Syndrome Association
    2. Run over 100 miles in 24hrs. Yes. 100 miles in one day.

My nephew, George, has Down's and I wanted to do something special to help families with Down's lead full and rewarding lives.

I would be really, really grateful if you might consider sponsoring me/donating. Even small amounts will add up.

:)

It is very, very easy:

100 miles in one day

If you feel that it is appropriate, I would be in your eternal debt if you would forward the link to your friends, family and acquaintances - I need as wide an audience as possible!

Thank you so much for your time!

2. i can spare a bit of cash for you matey. Pm me your address so i can send you a cheque.

3. That's very kind! Thank you. I'll send you a pm.

Alternatively, you could click on the link in my post and donate using a card.

Choice is yours - but thank you very much!

4. Anyone fancy securing their place in heaven?

5. 291 views and 1 reply. Shouldn't really have expected much more I suppose. After all, it's only a little jog.

6. Please PM me an address and I'll send a cheque

7. Go for it, you should eat 100 miles in 24 hours running, here in the Isle of Man there is a walk, The Parish Walk, it covers all the Parishes in the Island, and is 85miles long, with a "Time Out" of 24 hours. This year there were 121 finishers within the 24 hour time limit.

Check out the site, including photos and stats at:

http://www.parishwalk.com/

Good Luck.

8. Thanks guys.

Cheques are fine, but I'm not sure you can gift aid that way.

If you are happy using a card, then click the link. If you want to send a cheque, PM me and I'll give you the address.

cheers

9. Thanks guys.

Cheques are fine, but I'm not sure you can gift aid that way.

If you are happy using a card, then click the link. If you want to send a cheque, PM me and I'll give you the address.

cheers

10. Many thanks to those who have offered support.

Fundraising got off to a good start, but has now slowed down rapidly.

Please, please, please could you spare a little cash to help families who have to live with Down's Syndrome?

I'm only asking you for a few quid in recognition of the months and months of training that I will be putting myself through in order to get into shape to run over 100 miles in 24hrs.

Please be as generous as you are able.

Many thanks.