Ex Griffin Focus - PXRs in here please

Saves on postage.

Lots of troops wandering around Tesco with no head-dress on.

Med unit pers wandering around Carlisle with Red Cross armbands on, shopping.

Tsk, tsk, standards.

GreenSlime said:

You mean people have been let out of Stalag West Freugh? And no, its not my corps my corps nicking the alcoholic handwash.

Must dash 'SS' fun police are touring the camp again.

Ow NOW what's wrong with this picture??? dry camp lifted to Two Can rule at Stalag.... has the double E.E. word been stated then... while i'm stuck at TRC with me cheerios

wrong answer try again!!

GreenSlime said:

Tsk, tsk, standards.
Must have been TA..........we regular types would never do that :roll:

polar said:
How did the new hospital layout work????

Was with the Field Hospital who trialled the Combat Support Hospital. The cadre staff managed to drop the fifty bed facility in 12 hours and, once they'd moved to Scotland, were fully operational within 12 hours. :lol:

as fully operational as you can be without being operational or actually receiving casualties, having patients etc...

Actually, Filbert, the CASCON hit the CSH (Close Support Hospital) with a shedload of cas - 96 in 12 hours at the peak, I seem to recall. "Testing to destruction" was a phrase I heard used. And the move and rebuild of the CSH was achieved in quite a margin under 12 hours. Impressive stuff to one who was at a far remove from the action.

IF

still cant see how a unit can be fully 'operational' on an exercise, when even on the best exercise its nothing like a mass casualty situation for real. exercise fcuk ups are easily concealed by the use of notional personnel and equipment.

You cant put a sutainable(to NHS standard) hospital of any size up in twelve hours. What you can do is put a DS up with add ons ie role 2 +. Before you say bollox answer these questions.

Did you have sealed flooring that satisfies the infection control policies
Did you have running, clean water with means of disposal
Did you have back up systems/redundency on the electrics
Did you meet the infection control standards

I spent years in role 3 facilities and have done trials, NATO opevals, tours with MST's, 10, 25,100,200 bed facilities, Biological hospitals, seen the pink FST, Geatt, MTSF, Drash, GS,Med modules its goes on.
Let me give you a comparison of sizes the 200 bed that went to Gulf 1(Granby) went in 56 ISO containers the equivelent today ie Telic 1 went in 200 ISO's. Thats the improvement and enormity of Hospitals today.
34 put up a 25 bed in 12 hours at SLB on Telic one. That suited the purpose of filling a gap whilst it took the RE's 7 days to construct and fit out a tier 1- 200 bed hosp.
What it seems to me you are doing (I may be wrong) is trying to improve or create a mark 2 of the failed enhanced DS of recent years. Theres no doubt there is a requirement for surgical facilities further forward but this half cocked effort weve had in recent years has been a complete failure hence the mark 2 version.
I dont doubt you lobbed one up in 12 hours but was it a Hospital? and what constitutes one. The AMS has always aspired to meeting and bettering NHS standards. Do you believe in 12 hours you met that standard. If not it isnt a Hospital. Fairly simple test I suspect.

Jesus, I cant believe Im doing this, but good post Smithy!

smithy749 said:
What it seems to me you are doing (I may be wrong) is trying to improve or create a mark 2 of the failed enhanced DS of recent years. Theres no doubt there is a requirement for surgical facilities further forward but this half cocked effort weve had in recent years has been a complete failure hence the mark 2 version.
I dont doubt you lobbed one up in 12 hours but was it a Hospital? and what constitutes one. The AMS has always aspired to meeting and bettering NHS standards. Do you believe in 12 hours you met that standard. If not it isnt a Hospital. Fairly simple test I suspect.
MMMM... You seem to be missing the point of the CSH, after the new FAS we have to reconstruct to be able to support our troops, at the new Brigade level, everyone seems to be hung up on the 'NHS' standards (some of which aren't at all enviable). When you set a tent up in the middle of the desert it's blindingly obvious that it isn't going to be shiny and pretty, but if it is mobile and effective and TREATS casualties then we are halfway to what we are trying to achieve...

Muckster said:
smithy749 said:
MMMM... You seem to be missing the point of the CSH, after the new FAS we have to reconstruct to be able to support our troops, at the new Brigade level, everyone seems to be hung up on the 'NHS' standards (some of which aren't at all enviable). When you set a tent up in the middle of the desert it's blindingly obvious that it isn't going to be shiny and pretty, but if it is mobile and effective and TREATS casualties then we are halfway to what we are trying to achieve...
Clinical Governancemay be the pit fall of this new concept...........god I hate CG and those fecking nurses who promote its virtues :roll:

Why put it under the heading Hospital then. If it isnt a hospital call it what it is. I had a look around the CASH(yank combat hosp) in Bagram make no mistake thats what it was a good quality hospital. If(UK) its an enhanced DS then call it that. Fd Hops have the ability to hold people, ITU facilities, Physio, lab, Xray, A&E. There not there to race around chasing the war. Its unpracticle. Simple. How many times can it move. You cant just get up and leave blokes unconscious in a tent without the support they require. Does it have to move complete or can you leave "bits "behind. How do you hide 50 red ISO's on the battle field. If doctrine says its X miles from the front line the formation is given away hence wh DS scrim up. Its a flawed idea. I know the golden hour and the french have surgeons on the front line but in isolation they dont work.How does the casevac work?
Recent example FST moved out of Al Amarah as they were of no value without full clinical support.
What other country uses this idea? Yanks, Aussies, Germans doctrine dont.
Its another short sighted idea. Someone is not willing to accept a full U turn of the Med Regts. Put your hand up and accept it was a mistake.

jimmys_best_mate said:
What comms did you have? Was one of our nice shiny Cormorant dets with you?
Yep we had cormorant, Edwin, Reebok, Airwave, VTC, ISDN, telephone, fax, OCdt, Saint, early version of DMICP and ARRSE.

Who can you call on cormorant?? the phone was installed when I was off shift and all I got left was an idiots guide ... which didn't work!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar Army Reserve 1
T Army Reserve 61
polar Royal Signals 3