Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Ken Hamas a former Royal Marine Major who served in the Falklands and the Gulf during his 27 years service investigates why a disproportionate of veterans end up on the street. This is on BBC 1 tonight 22nd April at 1035.
    Should be worth watching.
  2. Just about the only thing worth the licence fee this evening.

Lets hope it generates some positive press and real action
  3. Well at least it is one of our own who is doing the reporting so it should be as good as it gets.
  4. Starts at 22.35 (after the News) on BBC 1.
  5. On in about 10 minutes.
  6. Yep, watching now

7. It hasn't yet metioned the numerous charities available to help. Like the RBL just mentioned now.
  8. Sad watching, but a reality.
  9. Indeed.

Good to see PTSD being a prominent part, another brick removed from the wall of ignorance and stigma, hopefully. Pity Combat Stress hasn't been mentioned though. Great that it was on BBC1 and at a reasonable time.
  10. I can’t imagine the trauma some of these guys are going through but was this documentary a Ken Hames battle with his own demons or really highlighting the plight of traumatised ex servicemen?
  11. They did thank various homeless organisations and The RBL with a special mention to links on charities here - www.bbc.co.uk/nohome
  12. Its just a shame so few cases were on the program - however its obviously a step in the right direction with regards to the general public acknowledging the problems veterans can face and hopefully will help provide a solution to people in a similar situation.
  13. Good Programme. Probably don't want to look like its a bit of a fob-off so there is a number to call and web support. Not bad. I'm properly looking for cracks here but it might have tried to relate itself more to current conflicts than the single mention in the last 2 mins.
  14. Very Disapointing, It failed to show 1 per cent of the problem, really did not put over the situation very well.
    Am I being spitefull in thinking this was a "Poor little rich Guy with Tough Dad and sad childhood" type of film hanging on the back of a very serious subject.