Ex-commando captures runaway pig

I can't quite figure out the fact that he is ex-marine is relevant, or how it gave him special skills in capturing run-away livestock, maybe somebody can enlighten me... :?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7969648.stm

A former Royal Marine commando put his military training to use as police were called to deal with a large black pig running amok in a Kent seaside town.

Pc Chris Wiltshire was among officers sent to Cliftonvillle, Margate, on Friday night where the animal was running around the Bath Road area.

They gave chase and PC Wiltshire managed to corner it in an alleyway.

"He reported to me afterwards that he always had a way with animals," said Insp Simons Collins.

"It is quite a large pig and, although it was not aggressive, a number of the younger officers were quite daunted."

The pig, called Pepper, was taken to Margate police station and housed in a police kennel until its owners came forward on Saturday morning.

"It appears someone broke into a shed where Pepper and a pet rabbit sleep at night," said Insp Collins.

"They propped open the gate and let the pig escape."

The six-month-old Berkshire pig was returned to its home in Ethelbert Road but Insp Collins said it had been quite happy while it was bedded down under a police blanket.

"It was the subject of some attention - all the early shift patrols have been over to have a look at it."
(feel free to move to NAAFI if appropriate!)

Was he drunk and naked? If so then his training was appropriate.

This story is far too funny to be in here!! Stand by for a miserable bugger to start a rant about inapropriate behaviour of the commando's! Nice one!!!!

flamingo said:
I can't quite figure out the fact that he is ex-marine is relevant...
Don't you know it's week 8 in training? In between jumping over buildings and making bullets bounce off your chest.

Edd

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
"He reported to me afterwards that he always had a way with animals," said Insp Simons Collins."
Yep, no different to being on the pull really.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"It is quite a large pig and, although it was not aggressive, a number of the younger officers were quite daunted."

Perhaps the relevance was that as a booty he had sufficient bottle which was lacking in his current comrades-in-batons.

I like pigs and I like and respect the Royal Marines.

I do not like the current government and I have lost respect and confidence in the Metropolitan Police.

A former Royal Marine commando put his military training to use as police were called to deal with a large black pig running amok in a Kent seaside town.

Pc Chris Wiltshire was among officers sent to Cliftonvillle, Margate, on Friday night where the animal was running around the Bath Road area.

"He reported to me afterwards that he always had a way with animals," said Insp Simons Collins.

The pig, called Pepper, was taken to Margate police station and housed in a police kennel until its owners came forward on Saturday morning.

"It appears someone broke into a shed where Pepper and a pet rabbit sleep at night," said Insp Collins.

The six-month-old Berkshire pig was returned to its home in Ethelbert Road but Insp Collins said it had been quite happy while it was bedded down under a police blanket.

"It was the subject of some attention - all the early shift patrols have been over to have a look at it."
Racists.

He was disappointed the Police took it off him. His mate was just returning with the bread. He later remarked he could have saved a fortune on PAYD

I can't get this picture out of my head:
A queue of our Boys in Blue outside a cell inside which Pepper Pig is reclining under a Police Blanket, "Next Two" she shouts in a husky voice, whilst finishing off a young bobby with a flick of her trotter..............

The headline makes all other whimsical comments on the habits of RM, squaddies and barrack town skiprats superfluous. It is the military equivalent of "Fish shop owner found battered" in my humblre opinion.

The US Army have a joke which says "Why do USN ships carry marines on board? Because a sheep would be too obvious..."

edd1989 said:
flamingo said:
I can't quite figure out the fact that he is ex-marine is relevant...
Don't you know it's week 8 in training? In between jumping over buildings and making bullets bounce off your chest.

Edd
Pig catching trg starts at your first "Gronks Ball" then the advanced cse starts at Sams Nightclub RM school of fighting & bar room etquette 8)

Thank you all for your enlighting comments... :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G The NAAFI Bar 55
Davros_the_Dalek The Training Wing 12
E Army Pay, Claims & JPA 7