Ex Chindit - Major Richard Perkins

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Good CO, May 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

2. I certainily do as well, I have done what I can to highlight it in other places.

A damm disgrace in my view.
  3. It's an utter, utter disgrace as well as a gross injustice. MOD ?........ Arrrrgh!! :evil: :evil:
  4. I would love to help Major Perkins but at present can only add my good wishes.

I can however help the RL fans who wonder why government ministers think their sport is a second class one (next article, same web-page)...they have obviously watched the turgid nonsense.

Good luck Major Perkins, I hope you can outlive the MoD's "he's old, so we'll drag our heels" payment policy.
  5. Can we do a mass letter to No 10 representing Richard?
  6. Would it be possible for some kind soul to get the video clip onto the likes of YouTube, before it disappears? I appreciate there are copyright and technical issues.
  7. Can we have a link to the e-petition please?
  8. I would be glad to hear to the contrary, but I recall there was a petition on the Number 10 website which was linked to both here and on the BAFF website but finished a few weeks ago. It would still be useful if someone would provide the link so we can see the Government's all too predictable response.
  9. Here is the link to Major P's website.

The petiton has time expired, so we cannot sign in support.
    (It got 850 signatures while it was "LIVE".)

Another classic example of civil servants and politicians doing nothing to help veterans.

(Edited once for mongtype)

Robbing b*stards.
  10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I am sure that if the MoD finally do the right thing in this case, it will be, as so often, only when they are shamed into it.

I am at a loss as to why RL should be considered a sport at all. Hunting, shooting and fishing are sports - everything else is games, as any fule kno.
  11. Quite so VB. Although RL is more in the class of "waste of time". (Discuss)