Ex Canadian & New Zealand Reg Army interested in UK TA

. Once I'm done with the full time I'm thinking about the falklands or even Bermuda and would like to go into the TA. I know in the Falklands all you need is a Commonwealth passport is this the same for Bermuda? will this be a simple process or will i be waiting around for months to a year to become insisted? will any of my qualifications carry over ?

Last edited:
To now join the Army Reserve as a Commonwealth recruit you need to hold Indefinite Leave to Remain i.e. Permanent Residence. I am assuming from your post above that you do not...

currently I have Canadian and New Zealand Citizenship. So i would need to then obtain UK residence? is this the same for the dependencies like the Falklands or Bermuda?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
To now join the Army Reserve as a Commonwealth recruit you need to hold Indefinite Leave to Remain i.e. Permanent Residence. I am assuming from your post above that you do not...
From the OP I'm not sure that he's talking AR @History_Man just FI or Bermudan equivalent.

To which the answer is "Google is your friend".

Just getting residency status in the Falklands would appear to be very difficult.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to leave NZ.

currently I have Canadian and New Zealand Citizenship. So i would need to then obtain UK residence? is this the same for the dependencies like the Falklands or Bermuda?
Both Bermuda and the Falkland Islands have control of their own immigration policies...

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Both Bermuda and the Falkland Islands have control of their own immigration policies...
Yep, and it's bloody difficult to get leave to remain in Bermuda. You have to have a job on the island at the very least. Bermuda happily ejects non island Brits if they don't have a job or the funds to remain.

Thanks, I will contact the proper authorities. Perhaps if i have money and plan to buy a home and retire this could help!

Surely the OP should go to Australia first. They have an Army I believe.
Do a few years then transfer to PNG TA, then HK for a tour with the Police Force, sidestep a bit to India them Border guards will brush his drill skills, down a bit for some full on Urban policing in South Africa and then up to Gibraltar for a few years in their Regiment. Then to UK.
For pension.
Sorted.

At least nobody can say that the grass grows under his feet.

Is he of Romany descent?

Its my life to live, I will go where i please. 15 years in the Canadian Army, finishing my career in NZ is hardly a commitment issue infact i have given aloft of commitment. Perhaps i would like to live in Bermuda as its beautiful and close to Canada in my retirement. It is my choice and was inquiring about the options open too me. Not really looking for a clown show! I have had an amazing career and done more then most nay sayers and lazy plots. Perhaps this is envious sarcasm!!

Its my life to live, I will go where i please. 15 years in the Canadian Army, finishing my career in NZ is hardly a commitment issue infact i have given aloft of commitment. Perhaps i would like to live in Bermuda as its beautiful and close to Canada in my retirement. It is my choice and was inquiring about the options open too me. Not really looking for a clown show! I have had an amazing career and done more then most nay sayers and lazy plots. Perhaps this is envious sarcasm!!
Dry your eyes Princess
image.jpg

Not realy gonna waste my time with a couple of fools kindly GFYS. If anyone intelegent has welcome and apreciated advise please pm me!

Not realy gonna waste my time with a couple of fools kindly GFYS. If anyone intelegent has welcome and apreciated advise please pm me!
Well aside from a bit of piss taking which is fairly common round here, you have been given some pointers to the effect that Falklands and Bermuda operate their own immigration policy so just getting in will be the main challenge. You are now aware that your premise of joining the UK Army Reserve won't get you a posting to either of your preferred locations so I would say you are a lot more informed than when you posted the question.

Well aside from a bit of piss taking which is fairly common round here, you have been given some pointers to the effect that Falklands and Bermuda operate their own immigration policy so just getting in will be the main challenge. You are now aware that your premise of joining the UK Army Reserve won't get you a posting to either of your preferred locations so I would say you are a lot more informed than when you posted the question.
Thanks I appreciate it. Sorry if i over reacted I couldn't help but feel that my integrity was being some what called out. I appreciate your advise. Bremuda immigration would be the next step. Thanks again.

Need a thick skin here OP, we are all just surprised that Canada and the Kiwis still have an Army, we heard they had converted to "aggressive camping clubs" some years ago.

I guess once you leave the Kiwis, the other bloke will get to use "the" rifle full time, so he will be pleased.