ex ARMY HOMELESS WE NEED TO HELP

Discussion in 'RAC' started by raidonbasra, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I WS STAGGERED TO LEARN OF THE AMOUNT OF EX FORCES MAINLY ARMY THAT ARE HOMELESS AND WITHOUT JOBS. SURELY WE CAN PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER TO FORM AN OLD BOYS NETWORK. THROUGHOUT THE RANK STRUCTURE WE MUST HAVE CONTACTS TO HELP THESE POOR. IS ANYONE ANY USE AT CREATING A WEBPAGE WHERE WE COULD INITIATE THIS. WE ALL KNOW ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO SO LETS SE WHAT WE CAN DO. ONLY SERIOUS REPLIES PLEASE NO NONSENSE. IF THEE IS A WEBSITE THAT ALREADY EXISTS THEN COULD YOU LET ME KNOW.

2. It is a great idea and its probably something we all feel particularly passionate about but there are a lot of factors to consider, an implementation like this would (by its potential scale alone) require permanent admin staff (paid), repeated advertisement strategys and public exposure and a sustainable money tree ! All to allow it to do its job, my old ma bless her has worked in this field for years (occupational therapy/homelessness ect) and she is adament that many many people who choose to bow out of society do so because they want to, its a fact also that a large proportion "snap out of it" so to speak when they want to become part of the human race again, maybe a better idea would be to implement a network, a place to touch base where there are job possibilitys, link programmes for housing and welfare ect ect, all of this though depends on wether or not the individual is dependant on substances or alcohol which is another animal altogether ! It would be f*cking awesome if we could scoop them all up and make it all right for them though I agree !

3. This thread is one of the "stickies" in the Charities and Welfare forum:
    Arrse thread

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Theres some sterling work being done by some people on ARRSE which you can check out here.

5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

As bovvy says - unless it's RAC you are trying to target would be better posted elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.