Ex and current check in here.

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Glad_its_all_over, Jan 25, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you:

a. Light Side
    b. Dark Side
    c. Reptile
    d. Rupert

?

2. Light side. And none of this combined crap neither! Pure blood born and bred light sider! ;D

3. Okay, we'll remember to use short words and TYPE VERY LOUDLY AND CLEARLY for you ;)

4. It's okay.. if you can pull yourself to remove those damned headphones, you wont feel compelled to shout all the time! :)

5. Oh, I was no more than 65% dark side. I had my moments, I remember in '78, H&Ks for goalposts, Billy Bragg on the tape deck....

6. Hmm, glad to see the usual Esprit de Int Corps displayed in the huge number replies posted here. :p
    A light-sider with a couple of odd tours myself, however comma I am obliged to say that I was known to drink beer with Darksiders in the 'Fly, some of whom had even been Scaleys in a previous existence (alledgedly)

7. Disgraceful. What on Earth is happening to standards in the Corps?

8. I'm trying to keep standards down to the old level, but they're being forced up by things like professionalism and discipline. Shocking really.

9. Good man. The answer to the question on the root message is...?

10. tha answer is...maybe we have forgotten what we are trying to achieve-I did the moonlight flit from the darkside to a corps with a slightly different green colured hat (and a rupertship) and looking from the outside the Corps is still trying to pull itself to bits...pity, as individuals we have a good rep but as an organisation they are laughing at us guys.....

11. My username says it all. You're right and I don't think Op(MI) is the answer, either.

12. Glad, I'm light sider and proud of it. That's Op Int & Sy by the way, none of this modern rubbish. How are we meant to get someone capable of doing every job in the Corps in the same time as the old A3 Op Int & Sy used to be? Bit of a puzzler, eh?

13. I haven't the remotest idea. I did some cross-pollination, but my overall thrust was dark. The sheer scale of the skills necessary to do each side makes the hybrid concept unattratice. Come to that, Lightsiding takes in at least three entirely separate activities - Darksiding at least the same - each of which needs a lifetime's learning to encompass sensibly.

14. I've been looking at the flow charts and other impressive-looking staff tools that describe the new career structure. From what I can see an A3 Op MI is going to be virtually useless at all disciplines, and will need to wait until A2 to get proper training in one of them. What a waste.

15. ;)
    i think the whole thing is a bag of arrse, i joined to be a light sider, not to do any dark side stuff.

we are all in danger of becoming jack of all, master of none.

what happens when they post a dark sider sgt maj into a security wo's job, he/she isn't going to have a scooby - no amount of courses is going to make up for experience

8)