EWO

Did a post on this before and received a few cunty replies so, ill do another one but with only these two questions. Is it fun or does it become tedius? & I know areas of this job are kept secret, but can someone tell me as much as they are allowed to about this job.

Any shite replies from people trying to be funny will be ignored.
Cheers

Did a post on this before and received a few cunty replies so, ill do another one but with only these two questions. Is it fun or does it become tedius? & I know areas of this job are kept secret, but can someone tell me as much as they are allowed to about this job.

Cheers
Another live one.

I stand by to be ignored.

You should probably kill yourself. You would definitely get filled-in in Wales you dullard.

P

PrinceAlbert

Cheers
You really are a ******* mong. Your question is entirely subjective. What I may find interesting may be very boring to you etc.

**** off and shoot yourself.

Are you squeaking to me?
Of course not you volcano-breathed ****. I was referring to the wannabe sigint mong, with as much chance of cutting about unhindered in a RAB jacket as I have of ever being accepted by Greenpeace.

If you want me to kill you though I need some new Altbergs so could always take a trip up North an kick your **** off a mountain if you fancy it.

Of course not you volcano-breathed ****. I was referring to the wannabe sigint mong, with as much chance of cutting about unhindered in a RAB jacket as I have of ever being accepted by Greenpeace.

If you want me to kill you though I need some new Altbergs so could always take a trip up North an kick your **** off a mountain if you fancy it.
**** off, that factory is at least 3 miles away, it's up 2 big hills and everything, I'm lucky to get up the bloody stairs.

Kick my **** in?

Do you pick on pensioners?

Big ARRSE Brother, he's picking on me.

(I nearly wrote icking then, I don't know which is worse).

That **** nicked my RAB jacket anyway.

Am I allowed to swear yet?

Cheers
To answer your question, yes.

What's the significance of the RAB jkt? Is EWO the new EWOp? Will the OP ignore all the posts?i tune in next weeks some EWO place, same EWO channel.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The one thing you need to consider is that EW Ops are operators, operating radios. No more no less. The advantage of EW over CS is that there is kit so you won't be bored when not on tour. You also get to work in some very fluffy environments. The disadvantage is that EW generally have no clue how the rest of the Corps or even Army works due to stove piped posting options.

The one thing you need to consider is that EW Ops are operators, operating radios. No more no less. The advantage of EW over CS is that there is kit so you won't be bored when not on tour. You also get to work in some very fluffy environments. The disadvantage is that EW generally have no clue how the rest of the Corps or even Army works due to stove piped posting options.
Hmm, not had much contact with the EW/SIGINT world for a long while have you. As much as I hate to 'big-up' the spare cocks, they do significantly more than just 'operate radios'! Can't deny about limited assignment locations, but they also have a good idea about the wider army, especially the infantry, which a good many have deployed, been injured and even died alongside.
As for not knowing what the rest of the bleeps do, can't see as that has held anyone in the Mainstream back.

(Urgh, I feel dirty now, and not in a good way😞)

I thought Ewops was little furry things in Star Wars.

Firstly, by posting at 1 o'clock in the morning, you are going to get responses from those who stay awake all night thinking up new words with which to insult you. It's the way of Arrse.
Secondly, whenever this question is asked, you are going to get responses from either a. Those who once worked as a driver or ditch digger at 14 and, therefore, know absolutely everything there is to know about the EW world or b. Those who are actually in the job and won't tell you anything so nyah, nyah, nyah.

There is, of course, a third group. Those who used to be in it when it was a real job, who know that EW System Ops are nothing like EWOP used to be (basically they were Spec Ops who had done a language course and then compulsorily transferred to the Int Corps).
However, unlike 75% of the Army, you will (in most cases) actually have a job to do when you are not on ops. Like all jobs, it's what you make of it but listening to some of the new boys at our reunions (yeah, yeah, grey hair and a knackered old shit that I am) they still seem to enjoy what they are doing. Postings are limited but they always have been in that particular job. And that is going to be the future of virtually every job in the Army in the coming years.

Hmm, not had much contact with the EW/SIGINT world for a long while have you. As much as I hate to 'big-up' the spare cocks, they do significantly more than just 'operate radios'! Can't deny about limited assignment locations, but they also have a good idea about the wider army, especially the infantry, which a good many have deployed, been injured and even died alongside.
As for not knowing what the rest of the bleeps do, can't see as that has held anyone in the Mainstream back.

(Urgh, I feel dirty now, and not in a good way��)

1. So the front end of 'EW' systems isn't a radio?
2. I assume that you are referring to Baz with your second comment? Generally the EW tent is seperate from the rest of the camp when on tour. Maybe not every deployment, but I would hardly say alongside, especially when you look at RSIST.
3. As for not knowing what the rest of the Corps do, it becomes an issue at up the ranks and when agencies think that they have a Yeoman of Signals advising them.

1. So the front end of 'EW' systems isn't a radio?
2. I assume that you are referring to Baz with your second comment? Generally the EW tent is seperate from the rest of the camp when on tour. Maybe not every deployment, but I would hardly say alongside, especially when you look at RSIST.
3. As for not knowing what the rest of the Corps do, it becomes an issue at up the ranks and when agencies think that they have a Yeoman of Signals advising them.
The radios are only part of the modern job. In fact you a just as likely to find CSOps doing that part on Ops. Yes, but not in a one-up man sense. Herrick has changed the world of EW completely from being totally segregated and separate from the rest of the army. I agree about the YofS thing; I've been in the office when an SO1 has said 'but I thought you were a Yeoman?!'.

The radios are only part of the modern job. In fact you a just as likely to find CSOps doing that part on Ops. Yes, but not in a one-up man sense. Herrick has changed the world of EW completely from being totally segregated and separate from the rest of the army. I agree about the YofS thing; I've been in the office when an SO1 has said 'but I thought you were a Yeoman?!'.

I agree with the EW world not being totally segregated, but it is still considered a dark art and people will leave it alone rather than embrace it. This nacks CONEMPS, CIPs etc as people will go 'that's EW business' as opposed to 'how can we use that'.
I would recommend the trade though. There are some very good niche postings and the cookhouse at Digby is tops!