Eweve been framed:

Sheep Today, Humans tomorrow. The Beeb are Just sneaking this one out into the public domain with a jovial news cast at the festive time of year. More news of Mr Broons continued struggle to Control the State with a Totalitarian regime.

Retinal scan for sheep to deter rustlers

By Daily Mail

Police have found a hi-tech solution to the ancient crime of sheep-rustling – by scanning the retinas of thousands of animals.

Scanning a sheep’s eyes produces a unique ‘print’ and means, for the first time, farmers can prove conclusively in court that a particular sheep belongs to them.

The idea came from Inspector Colin Shaw, a police officer in the Glens of Antrim, Northern Ireland. He noticed that the credit crunch had led to an increase in animal thefts. [Full Story]

How can you check a lamb chop's retina? Surely a DNA database is the answer here, perhaps in conjunction with an ID card scheme for farm animals?

What good will a biometric identity card system for livestock do? It is of no proven or demonstrable worth in the war against terr...

Baaaah-humbug.

I think the government will be sheepish about this one.

heard_it_all_before said:
Sheep Today, Humans tomorrow. The Beeb are Just sneaking this one out into the public domain with a jovial news cast at the festive time of year. More news of Mr Broons continued struggle to Control the State with a Totalitarian regime.

Retinal scan for sheep to deter rustlers

By Daily Mail

Police have found a hi-tech solution to the ancient crime of sheep-rustling – by scanning the retinas of thousands of animals.

Scanning a sheep’s eyes produces a unique ‘print’ and means, for the first time, farmers can prove conclusively in court that a particular sheep belongs to them.

The idea came from Inspector Colin Shaw, a police officer in the Glens of Antrim, Northern Ireland. He noticed that the credit crunch had led to an increase in animal thefts. [Full Story]
Has 'Stalin' declared today to be All Fool's Day? I must have missed that.

Welsh sheep have such pretty eyes - yes, you envious mob, I am Welsh!

You have got to be kidding me... are your taxes being spent on this nonsense or is it privately funded?

Khyros said:
You have got to be kidding me... are your taxes being spent on this nonsense or is it privately funded?
Three guesses. :roll: