Everything Everywhere

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by ObnoxiousJockGit, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Or - Enough is Enough as it has now been renamed.
  2. You can have all the frequencies in the world but unless you have the infrastructure to support it then it's pretty useless.
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Here in chilly Canada I have LTE which spanks along at a right old pace and not just in the city centre. I can travel out to the wild and still get good coverage.

The hardest thing is the data caps which 1GB can quickly disappear as we attempt to download the entire internet when you first get the phone.

4. Massive amount of work being done by Virgin Media providing extra fibre capacity etc to support it and quite aggressive time scales I'd imagine it'll be pretty decent.
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Reports are that there are interference problems beingassociated with 4G. Is this another caseof no proper testing in the UK prior to release. With Orange being involved with no regard forCustomer Service it wouldn’t surprise me.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

knowing my luck it will wipe out my freeview like everything else here does. I am sure my house is built on a lay line or witches graveyard.
  7. I think they've blown it with the data limits; majority will say "meh" when they had the chance to bin their fixed phone and broadband cruelly denied.
  8. Well time will tell but I can't see any reason to jump ship to EE.

I would be interested to know what orange and T-Mobile users download speeds are on 3G+ now as a comparison to how much they invest, I'm averaging around 8mbps (Varies from 5 to 12 depending on location) which frankly is plenty quick enough and not burning a hole in my wallet.

Sent from my ARRSE using iPoo app
  9. If memory serves me correctly, t mobile don't charge in the UK for going over your download allowance they just slow you down