Everyone loves a good conspiracy...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ExJet, Dec 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone!
    I dont know if this belongs here or not, go ahead and delete it if not, or ignore it, they both produce the same result...

I recently uploaded the first draft of a short documentary film onto youtube as part of a uni project and I would really appreciate it if any of you could take a look and leave a comment or two.
    I can then use your comments for the accmpanying essay. I know how busy you all are this time of year, so dont worry if you cant help out, but to those of you who do manage to take a look, I am extremely grateful. Please dont bother to tell me how crap the film is, i know already (apart from the narration, which is awesome!) and its still the first draft, so some of the framing is due to change I just wanted to get it online as soon as possible. What I am interested in is your reaction to the narrative and the story itself as apposed to the crappy film quality.

The video is here on youtube;

Lost Cosmonauts - YouTube
    Thanks in advance.
  2. My reaction is as follows:

This is the deranged produce of a diseased mind. The only thing worse than the content of the film is the personality, or lack thereof, of its creator.

You may quote this review verbatim.

Hope this helps.
  3. I like rum.
  4. Dark rum?
  5. Brilliant, thanks guys!
    I knew I had come to the right place.
  6. You ungrateful wanker. I actually sat here and watched your abortion of a short film, using valuable bandwidth and time I'll never get back, and this is the thanks I get? I'm going to kick your fat fucking face in, you filthy waster.

All the best.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yes. I'm quite fond of Bundaberg Rum. Not really keen on white rum.
  8. No, No! Clear 'Charcoal' Rum in Belize. I think it's had a couple of modifications and has been reduced to 16 known poisons as opposed to 17.
    Good stuff. I think the rat shit was removed for aesthetic purposes. I don't know what that word means but it sounds good and I'll look it up tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. If it had footage of shuttles exploding and incinerating Yanks, I might have been interested. Instead, 2 minutes of rockets exploding, with some non-incinerated Yank quacking in the background. Was the other 18 minutes any better?
  10. White Rum gives me horrible flashbacks to lost weeks in BAOR.

I quite like Myer's, which only stirs fond reminiscence of being mildy paralytic at the helm of Brenda's aeroplanes.
  11. I watched the start with the rocket thingys taking off. They looked too small to have a bloke inside driving it so I lost interest at about 5 seconds in. Do the rocket thingys run on rum?
  12. yeeah, the rest of it is mostly about russians getting dead.
    But thanks for the feedback. this is still just the first draft, so Ill edit that first bit down. Thanks!
  13. By the look of the film, the OP was running on rum while he made it.

Here's something I knocked up just now which I think is more realistic:

Button Moon - Egberts Birthday - YouTube
  14. Bundy red label mixed with ginger beer. Yummm.
  15. Oh Goody! The second draft might include Brandy.

Exjet.... ignore all these sarcastic bastards.