Every voice counts!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Apr 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/every-voice-counts-iiosi-launches-call-to-the-ballot-box-1935487.html

"Young people 56 per cent of 18- to 24-year-olds are not registered to vote, according to the Electoral Commission, while polls show 25 per cent of 18- to 24-year-olds and 25- to 34-year-olds say they are "certain not to vote";

Those on low incomes Polls show one in four people in social grade DE are "certain not to vote", compared with one in 10 in grade AB;

Armed forces A new annual requirement to register means just 21,000 out of 240,000 service personnel are on the electoral roll, a fall from 139,000;

People from black and ethnic minorities 31 per cent are not registered;

Recent home-movers and private tenants Just 21 per cent of people living at their present address for a year or less, including students, are registered. "

john

2. So? If they aren't registered to vote, clearly they don't know enough about politics to care, so surely their vote means less anyway?
    oooh, I'm going to Chiang Mai in the summer...

3. It,s a shame that more People don,t vote,but what can you do? Force them?
    They will be the ones moaning when it all goes pear shaped,but if they didn,t vote, they have no say in the matter!
    Total apathy is running this Country and that is why Brown and Bliar got away with murder....LITERALLY.
    I,M FED UP WITH IT ALL TO BE HONEST.

4. Parawhatever
    Don't,
    please believe me CM is not pleasant in the summer, far too hot.
    Stay in UK and vote Tory,
    you know it makes sense.
    john
    Too long out of UK to be allowed to vote
    Curtsy of Nue Labour.

5. Don't listen to Jonwilly. Just get a room with hot and cold running crumpet and air con. Jobs a good un!

6. "Just get a room with hot and cold running crumpet and air con."

Any form of serious conversation just went out the window.
    john
    There's more to Thighland then Sextourism.
    Onest.

7. I'm only going for the twelve year olds. ;)

8. Get a life you miserable excuse. I have lived in "Thighland" for years on and off. I expect your favourite bar there is Kathoeys R Us, right :D

9. i prefer them younger!!!

10. Makes me laugh when the lads shimph about how pish everything is and when I ask if they voted they say no. Don't gob off if you don't vote!

11. Nah, its too difficult to get a good fit. I prefer them in their mid 20's. But of course the only reason I go to Thailand is to add to my massive photo database of Wat architecture and my definitive pictorial record of saffron robes as worn by monks.

12. Back on thread. I vote that er, voting, be made compulsory. If you don't vote you cant claim dole etc..

13. Don't make it compulsory, because then retards and downies who haven't voted before vote and then the country gets even worse.

14. Para/ Bamber
    I know squadei humor.
    I just tried to find a report in local newspaper but it's been removed.
    Don't even joke about if you ever come here, Please believe me if you never believe anything else I ever write.
    You will never know who is sitting nest to you, Polis and their informers are out in tourist places EVERY night of the year.
    And they have no sense of humor on this subject.
    Edo
    Explain Kathoeys R Us for the membership
    I don't know if you know CM, but it's an old joke up here that we have more in CM then Normal bars.
    Keep up the OFF years.
    john
    Thanks in advance.

15. WTF is the point of going to Thailand if I can't make jokes about peadophilia and the king being ill? All that will be left to laugh about are slitty eyed midgets and buddhism.