Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every cloud has a silver lining

I understand the seriousness of this pandemic.
I and SWMBO are in the vulnerable group, and we haven't been able to see our family, especially our delightful granddaughter since before the lockdown.
I also understand that we may lose 1% of our population to COVID-19.

However.
We both have useful pensions, both state and private, and a reasonable sum in our savings. Our health is mostly good, and any problems are under control. We live in a nice warm house, with access to large open areas for exercise. We are spending very little, so our savings are actually increasing, even at a 0.6% interest rate. We have established an amicable routine, some time together, sometimes apart. I only go shopping once a week, so our chance of catching the virus is relatively small, but I do hope they develop a safe vaccine soon. Life is mostly good.

At the end of this, I realise that there will be a reckoning. All the money being spent will have to be gathered back, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a fairly hefty tax hike for some years. But look on the bright side. The 1% that will get the chop (and I include ourselves amongst that possible group) have probably a large chunk of the saved money in the UK, and that will have to be redistributed amongst the families, which would probably give rise to a small economic boom. The deceased 1% are taking up nearer 5 - 8% of the NHS resources, that will be freed up. More houses on the market, reducing the housing shortage. Possibly a reversion to a nicer, more polite society, but I believe the social distancing will mostly remain, which really suits the basic British character better.

So, if things are tough for many now, it will be better in the future.

Hopefully one positive will be a very firm immigration policy.
The country is going to be on its uppers financially wise, and there is simply no room for unskilled, illiterate and unemployable 3rd workers.
No doubt the MSM will be howling from the rooftops, but their recent performances should hopefully result in a stern ignoring.

enough of this silver lining stuff already

Don't you realise this is all a government lead conspiracy to save money on the NHS and make us all healthier

you telling me this hasn't been planned for some years ???, get a bit of a flu outbreak , stop everyone abusing the NHS A&E facilities, tell everyone they are not.... Definitely NOT allowed out their homes except for one short bout of exercise a day.... "Those fckers in Whitehall/Edinburgh/Cardiff/Belfast aren't going to dictate to me that I am not going out to exercise more than once a day, Bastards, I'll show them , I'll go out three times and walk where I want , you won't stop me copper!!! not if I want to!!!!"
So all the couch potatoes , me included are now out getting more exercise than we ever did, losing a bit of weight and getting just a bit fitter

like I say ….A Fecking conspiracy

enough of this silver lining stuff already

Don't you realise this is all a government lead conspiracy to save money on the NHS and make us all healthier

you telling me this hasn't been planned for some years ???, get a bit of a flu outbreak , stop everyone abusing the NHS A&E facilities, tell everyone they are not.... Definitely NOT allowed out their homes except for one short bout of exercise a day.... "Those fckers in Whitehall/Edinburgh/Cardiff/Belfast aren't going to dictate to me that I am not going out to exercise more than once a day, Bastards, I'll show them , I'll go out three times and walk where I want , you won't stop me copper!!! not if I want to!!!!"
So all the couch potatoes , me included are now out getting more exercise than we ever did, losing a bit of weight and getting just a bit fitter

like I say ….A Fecking conspiracy
Have you stopped taking your pills again?

I and SWMBO are in the vulnerable group, and we haven't been able to see our family, especially our delightful granddaughter since before the lockdown.

However.
We both have useful pensions, both state and private, and a reasonable sum in our savings. Our health is mostly good, and any problems are under control. We live in a nice warm house, with access to large open areas for exercise. We are spending very little, so our savings are actually increasing, even at a 0.6% interest rate. We have established an amicable routine, some time together, sometimes apart. I only go shopping once a week, so our chance of catching the virus is relatively small, but I do hope they develop a safe vaccine soon. Life is mostly good.

At the end of this, I realise that there will be a reckoning. All the money being spent will have to be gathered back, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a fairly hefty tax hike for some years. But look on the bright side. The 1% that will get the chop (and I include ourselves amongst that possible group) have probably a large chunk of the saved money in the UK, and that will have to be redistributed amongst the families, which would probably give rise to a small economic boom. The deceased 1% are taking up nearer 5 - 8% of the NHS resources, that will be freed up. More houses on the market, reducing the housing shortage. Possibly a reversion to a nicer, more polite society, but I believe the social distancing will mostly remain, which really suits the basic British character better.

There has to be some good coming out of this.
Here is my take on it, bear with me.

What if, this is Gods way of saying; okay all you humans, I've had enough. You are making a right Royal Fcukup of things down there. You are destroying the earth that I gave you to live on. You have polluted the seas and oceans with plastic and oil. You have virtually destroyed the ozone layer that I created to protect you. Climate change and the armageddon is staring at you in the face. Did you not get the memo I sent with the fires, the floods, Pestilence and disease I sent you?

You are fighting amongst each other killing thousands of people and making millions homeless.

So I have unleashed this virus on you, and unless you start getting a grip there will be more to come. By the time your world has managed to get through this maybe you will finally get the message, you can't carry on the way you are.

So instead of pussy footing around looking at the death rates, get one of your geniuses to look at the current levels of air pollution, stick those figures into one of your spreadsheets and look for the clues. Use this information wisely, look at how the CO2 emissions have fallen and how this affects the future predictions on climate change.

You have been warned and I will not tell you again.

Yours sincerely,
God.

Oh and by the way, whoever came up with the idea of forming a European Union dropped a massive bollock.

What if, this is Gods way of saying; okay all you humans, I've had enough. You are making a right Royal Fcukup of things down there. You are destroying the earth that I gave you to live on. You have polluted the seas and oceans with plastic and oil. You have virtually destroyed the ozone layer that I created to protect you. Climate change and the armageddon is staring at you in the face. Did you not get the memo I sent with the fires, the floods, Pestilence and disease I sent you?

You are fighting amongst each other killing thousands of people and making millions homeless.

So I have unleashed this virus on you, and unless you start getting a grip there will be more to come. By the time your world has managed to get through this maybe you will finally get the message, you can't carry on the way you are.

So instead of pussy footing around looking at the death rates, get one of your geniuses to look at the current levels of air pollution, stick those figures into one of your spreadsheets and look for the clues. Use this information wisely, look at how the CO2 emissions have fallen and how this affects the future predictions on climate change.

Yours sincerely,
God.

Oh and by the way, whoever came up with the idea of forming a European Union dropped a massive bollock............

.......................PS. I love you all.

Yours sincerely,
God.

Oh and by the way, whoever came up with the idea of forming a European Union dropped a massive bollock.

Alternatively it could just have been a rancid tw@t in China eating bats, and sky pixies have nothing to do with it.

Or he could have just nuked Brussels and Liverpool for shits and giggles.

However.

I am in the same situation as you, with 8 grandchildren we cannot see, and financially secure, and having one of the west midlands many water ways just yards from our front door, and a medium size garden to tend, life is sweet, and like you the shoping is done once a week, living on the fringe of a large village, open fields behind us, going out is no problem. We are both OAP's no major health problems, but I would like to see my 70th birthday in a few months time.

This lockdown has not impinged on our lifestyle to any great degree, only that our large family are now strangers, and if the Doris and I succumb to the kung flu, the house will be given to whichever one of our 6 children need it most. As for your comments on the availability of more housing being freed up, by 1% snuffing it, it will not make much of a difference to the housing market, as a small but substantial minority of the dead are in care homes, their former homes are being rented out, or already sold to pay the fees.

This present crisis will be felt for very many years to come, financially and socially, the losers will be the younger generation, my children, all working, all raising familys, all paying rents and mortgages, they are the ones that will be hit hardest. Us old farts will ride the storm. sit back, relax, and watch in baffled wonderment how our elected representatives deal with the inevitable post mortem..... We live in very interesting times.

Yours sincerely,
God.

You are @scarbrough , and I claim my 10 shekels.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

However.

Don't forget that Tenner you're due me. ;)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Yours sincerely,
God.

He's only pissed off as when his Son tried to get out of his grave he was chased back due to lockdown!

it's strange there's no reports of covid19 out of Russia and N/Korea, or doe's that not fit in with the big plan?

Not to mention the environmental impact which Saint Greta applauds.

Funny you should mention that.

'Following authorities’ various confinement and lockdown measures in fighting the coronavirus pandemic, air quality has significantly improved in Europe.

'A recent study by the Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air based in Helsinki, Finland, notes that the measures have led to an approximate 40% reduction in average levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) pollution, and a 10% reduction in average levels of particulate matter pollution over the past 30 days.

'As a result, 11,300 premature deaths have been prevented due to cleaner air according to the study. In Belgium, 250 premature deaths were avoided.'

happyuk

War Hero
Another silver lining in the cloud? China, of course. An economy that has been built upon Intellectual Property theft, currency manipulation, monopolisation of critical materials , market-dumping, as well as a host of other techniques Don’t forget all the Globalist who gleefully shipped jobs overseas.

I think the Chinese feared a November reckoning of another Trump win, absolutely. The Don would only increase the constriction of the Chinese economy.

If Donald wins again, China is in for a long tough period of economic contraction. This is dangerous to Communist leadership, after 30 years of economic expansion. Expectations have risen too high to expect total servility from the masses. Especially from the young ones. Look at Hong Kong if you doubt me. That means it’s all on the line, right now.

I think urban Britain may be a lost cause though. I am witnessing countless idiots walking out in the virus-killing sunshine and germicidal fresh air….with masks on. Why?? Because they are DUTIFUL, BRAIN WASHED CITIZENS and because the government told them to.

Last edited:

Latest Threads