Everett apologises for calling soldiers "wimps" & torturers

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by AlMiles, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2099885/Rupert-Everett-apologises-for-calling-soldiers-'wimps'.html

This is the man who said:-

"The whole point of being in the Army is going to war and getting yourself blown up. That and p---ing on prisoners. Yet we all get shocked by Abu Ghraib. Oooh!" [He puts his hand to his mouth as if scandalised.]

"Of course soldiers are going to p--- on the first prisoners they take. It goes with the territory."

"You do it because you are a nasty, jammy ---t and you want to p--- on everyone. That's what drew you to the Army and that's what they pay you for. They pay you to tie up prisoners and attach electrodes to their nipples and testicles and p--- on them. Don't let's complain that only the Americans do that. That is a horrible double standard."

2. That's alright then. Next!

3. AAARRRRGHH!!!! FCUKING IGNORANT CNUT!!!!!
    HARDEST DESCISION THAT PAMPERED FCUKWIT HAS EVER HAD TO MAKE WAS WHICH BELT WENT WITH HIS SHOES.

"So he was never curious about testing his courage on the battlefield? "You can do that on stage." Without bullets? "Oh, but there are! Critics can kill." Hardly the same. "It is the same! Exactly the same!"

Really? What a shallow, sheltered B@stard.

"In Burton's day they were itching to get into the fray. Now it is the opposite. They are always whining about the dangers of being killed. Oh my God, they are such wimps now!"

So, you play a Victorian soldier, and suddenly become an expert on soldiering?

*Rant over*

4. I will accept his apology if he takes organise's a gay pride parade in kabul with him the star of the show walking a pig on a leash

5. He might be in good company. The Taliban are, on the quiet anyway, quite keen on that sort of thing.

6. Kenny Everett's dead, I thought.

7. yawn. next commie slagger please..