Everest hottie and only 22

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spad, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one else seen the artical about the babe climbing Everest,

fair play to her! physically fit in both senses :D

Linky

2. Saw this in the currnet bun yesterday. Only to keen to offer my services to give her a leg up

3. According to her faceplant profile she's married to a bird??

I'm looking forward to the extreme lezzer pics from the summit!!

4. if only she was Bi I could pretend to myself that a threesome was possible :D

5. Well if no one else is going to say it, it looks like I am going to have to.

I wouldn't mind mountain her.

Coat, taxi, sorted.

Fair play to the lass though, just hope she comes back with all her fingers intact.

7. Bloody stupid if you ask me...

...having a dear friend that spends most of his summer at one of the camps on Everest dealing with the twats that think they can pay there money and get basically carried to the summit by sherpas I would say this is wholly irresponsible.

There is no "safe" short cut to this kind of mountaineering...as the chap in the article says. The "trade" must be learnt or it will frequently end in tears or death.

BUT...by god she is a honey!!!

8. she spent 2 years training, hence why she is sooooooo tidy!!!!!!!!

can i have a new keyboard please i've dribbled all over this one ;)

9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Good on her.

As to being responsible - two years training + another 8000m mountain during training sounds pretty reasonable training to me (less the obvious bonkers comment for even trying this in the first place).

Oh, and I would too. Honey! :D

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'm a fairly experienced mountaineer and I would not do it - and I have the money to do so if I wished.
    The reason.
    I contribute my ability to a team at a level we are all competent with, I do not want to be a liability or expect anyone to carry me......
    You can pay enough porters to carry O2 and pull you along that is fine, but you are accepting a level of dependence I would not be prepared to do.
    If something happens or the conditions change people die - I have been on a mountain on a day when 6 died, 2 I saw and knew I could do nothing because it was barely conscious myself and was completely dependant on a Georgian moutaineer for direction and communication - I did'nt like it.
    Mountaineering "tourism" puts the lives of others at risk, without the experience you cannot move faster and deploy less kit, for example when a front comes in.
    My next trip is Wildspitze, second time but a different route, and the Gschnitzer and Pflerscher Tribulaun in Austria.

12. I wouldn't half lose my breath when I first catch sight of her peaks.

Hat... Jacket... Taxi's on Order.

13. At the end of the article there's a quote:

"A big oxygen cylinder belongs on a fighter pilot, not a mountaineer," he says.

I know fighter pilots have big watches but not sure where they have a big oxygen cylinder.

14. What do think the breathe? their own rose scented farts?

I sense a female bear frills coming up. Making survival sexy, Bonita goes hard core on the south downs, in the summer season, look how she eats grasshoppers and models that wicked weasel bikini

15. They meant fucking ego's!