Ever wondered why all AAC aircraft are U/S

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Two_Forward_One_Back, Jan 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely someone would know this was missing unless obtained from a legitimate source? Not to sure but would have thought so.

2. Maybe it was removed in anticipation of Bowman arriving? Or maybe not!

3. I remember seeing a flight safety summary. Something to do with having to land at RAF Woodvale, Merseyside. Crew returned to the a/c to find a smashed door window and plexiglass in the cockpit. The subseqent loose article check found half a brick and wiring ripped from the underside of the instrument panel, in an apparent attempt to hotwire the a/c.

4. Hotwire !
    Confession time. I only did it once Onest.
    Very Good Looking WRAC
    Oh can you take me up for a flight ?
    Sorry luv Pilot has the Work ticket and Keys.
    john

5. PTR377 = ARI 18220 = proprietary kit, so not necessarily MoD sourced.

Can't speak for AAC, but RN and RAF replaced this under Air Staff Requirement 889 in mid 80s. (Intro of AD120 / PTR1751 variants). Was 377 ever converted to 25kHz channel spacing?

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

RAF Woodvale, well I never. I grew up about a 1/4 mile from that location, and no, it wasn't me who stole the kit. The AAC did fly in once from Middle Wallop to take us for a spin in a Gazelle, rather nice of them. Strong memory, whipping down the coast line with the AAC.

7. I was dragged up in that area too.. You 1/4 mile closer to liverpool or did you live in the sand dunes? What vintage are you?

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I lived South from the airfield, quite close to St. George's, 1/4 mile as crow flies (or gazelle ;) ), born '69. You?

9. Formby just up the road and i'm a 78 so I dont think our paths would have crossed oh well worth a try..

10. ARRSE matchmakers fail again ;)

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Touché Sam, is that a gazelle I spy in your avatar, room in the back for a small one ;)

12. Doesn't look like any Lynx VHF CU that I can recall. So it's either from a boaty-Lynx, or some kind of glitzy SF kit. Have a peek at his ebay shop; it looks like an SF-walt G10 store.