• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ever wondered why all AAC aircraft are U/S

I remember seeing a flight safety summary. Something to do with having to land at RAF Woodvale, Merseyside. Crew returned to the a/c to find a smashed door window and plexiglass in the cockpit. The subseqent loose article check found half a brick and wiring ripped from the underside of the instrument panel, in an apparent attempt to hotwire the a/c.

Hotwire !
Confession time. I only did it once Onest.
Very Good Looking WRAC
Oh can you take me up for a flight ?
Sorry luv Pilot has the Work ticket and Keys.
john

PTR377 = ARI 18220 = proprietary kit, so not necessarily MoD sourced.

Can't speak for AAC, but RN and RAF replaced this under Air Staff Requirement 889 in mid 80s. (Intro of AD120 / PTR1751 variants). Was 377 ever converted to 25kHz channel spacing?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
crabtastic said:
I remember seeing a flight safety summary. Something to do with having to land at RAF Woodvale, Merseyside. Crew returned to the a/c to find a smashed door window and plexiglass in the cockpit. The subseqent loose article check found half a brick and wiring ripped from the underside of the instrument panel, in an apparent attempt to hotwire the a/c.
RAF Woodvale, well I never. I grew up about a 1/4 mile from that location, and no, it wasn't me who stole the kit. The AAC did fly in once from Middle Wallop to take us for a spin in a Gazelle, rather nice of them. Strong memory, whipping down the coast line with the AAC.

Nehustan said:
crabtastic said:
RAF Woodvale, well I never. I grew up about a 1/4 mile from that location, and no, it wasn't me who stole the kit. The AAC did fly in once from Middle Wallop to take us for a spin in a Gazelle, rather nice of them. Strong memory, whipping down the coast line with the AAC.
I was dragged up in that area too.. You 1/4 mile closer to liverpool or did you live in the sand dunes? What vintage are you?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
fatcakes said:
Nehustan said:
crabtastic said:
I was dragged up in that area too.. You 1/4 mile closer to liverpool or did you live in the sand dunes? What vintage are you?
I lived South from the airfield, quite close to St. George's, 1/4 mile as crow flies (or gazelle ;) ), born '69. You?

C

cloudbuster

Doesn't look like any Lynx VHF CU that I can recall. So it's either from a boaty-Lynx, or some kind of glitzy SF kit. Have a peek at his ebay shop; it looks like an SF-walt G10 store.

Latest Threads