Ever wondered how your regiment came to be?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

ugly

LE
Now will those jacket b astards believe me when I say they stole a regiment and its honours from us!

My regiment came about because they needed someone to stag on, so they gave a bunch of cripples and invalids muskets and told them to crack on...

There are those who'd say nothing's changed since :D

exspy

LE
Now will those jacket b astards believe me when I say they stole a regiment and its honours from us!
To whom are you referring when you say 'us'?

Cheers,
Dan.

exspy

LE
A very informative series of posts on line Infantry regiments from Cardwell to the Divisional system covering amalgamations, locations, names and badges. You can see the genesis of today's cap badges from the brigading of the 50s/60s. The British Army Line Infantry Training & Administration Brigades 1948 - 1968.
You honour me, Sir. I hope you enjoyed the post on the second page of your reference discussing the post-war reorganization of the training brigade system.

Cheers,
Dan.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not a theft, we didn't steal. We allowed you to join a fine and upstanding fighting force.

You got your own back, how do you think we feel being amalgamated with a bunch of brass buttoned red coated throbbers who have the nerve to call themselves Rifleman. Coote Manningham will be spinning in his grave etc etc etc.

My regiment came about because stuff needed to be transported.

ACAB

LE
Mine was formed in 1642 and known as 'The Irish Companies' as they were formed solely to put down the rebellion in Ireland (No sniggering at the back there). It was also the first year of the English Civil War which, even though we were ultimately the oldest Guards Regiment, we fought on the wrong side and the Parliamentary version of the FA awarded us penalty points meaning we lost all seniority. Welsh and Irish weren't formed then.

ugly

LE
Mine was formed in 1642 and known as 'The Irish Companies' as they were formed solely to put down the rebellion in Ireland (No sniggering at the back there). It was also the first year of the English Civil War which, even though we were ultimately the oldest Guards Regiment, we fought on the wrong side and the Parliamentary version of the FA awarded us penalty points meaning we lost all seniority. Welsh and Irish weren't formed then.
Oi this is about Infantry, piss off back to Ireland and finish what you started!

ACAB

LE
Oi this is about Infantry, piss off back to Ireland and finish what you started!
I feel your angst, you chippy bastard.

ugly

LE
well it is Friday and the meds haven't kicked in yet!

Latest Threads