Ever wondered how to pronounce Qantas correctly?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by filthyphil, Aug 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. Fair description though.
  2. Like the man says I can't wait to hear the next one.

My favourite is the female US newsreader who after the predicted snow failed to arrive turned to the forecaster and said, "So Bob what happened to the eight inches you promised me last night?"
    Not only did he have to leave the set he was laughing so much, so did half the crew.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've pronounced it 'Quaint Arse' for many years, every since some posh bird with a plum in her gob said it that way to me at the British Airways check-in in Heathrow.

I think I prefer Cuntas though... ;-)
  4. Stupid qunts.
  5. It was pronounced Quaint Arse on some comedy show 20 odd years ago. Buggered if I can remember which one though.
  6. Alf Garnett said it mate.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Who's he ?
  8. Yep, it was Alf Garnett (Warren Mitchell). He did a series of TV adverts for Qantas many years ago where he travelled on the airline which he pronounced as "Quaintarse".

Very surprising for the time that i) advertising standards allowed it and ii) the client (Quantas) was quite happy with it.
  9. Leader of the Opposition when Harold Wilson was Prime Minister.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Blimey, you can find anything on YouTube. I'm sure he did ads for Findus Fish Fingers and Wall's Sausages as well. I'll have to do a search.
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Long before I was born then.