Ever heard of them?

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Enigma266, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wondered whether anyone had heard of a company called Global Risk Security? I dont know much about them but they are offering a very lucrative contract out in LA which in my opinion is way too good to be true. Any information would be much appreciated.
  2. yes, been there but I wondered whether anyone had personal knowledge of the company
  3. Their CV submission statement suggests the company has attracted its fair share of walts.

Ask them for a list of their clients or some references, that should give you a good idea.
  4. Its the $16000 per month for unarmed security that just has alarm bells ringing very loudly in my head however, some guys appear to think this is the real deal!!
  5. Not a very good website.

Is this the same mob that wass looking for blokes last week???
  6. My initial thought but different name. However I am having a bit of a nose around
  7. Maybe the £100 retainer is to go towards the web developer so they can get a decent website.
  8. Mate of mine (another former bootie) is working in the armed field at the moment. word from him is that this lot are just starting out and dont have much of a clue. they are much like many of the small firms. go on join em if you want to be working with two serbs, one croat, two yank walts who dont have a clue and a bloke of uncertain middle eastern origin who cannot communicate with anyone else. The serbs and the croat are likely to start their own war in the team, the middle eastern guy is armed with some bizarre calibre rifle that is fantastically accurate but has hardly any ammo. and the yanks spend all their time quoting lines from various vietnam era films.
    halfway through the deployment one asks for help reassembling his weapon.......
    moral is avoid the small firms no matter what they offer
  9. Enigma,

I agree with previous posts and AVOID these people. I think their name is a play on a much bigger/better company called Global Security who are operating in Iraq at present.

Any company that asks you for a `retainer` should be kicked into touch immediately.

If you want to go to Iraq to work PM me and I can put you in touch with a reputable company who are recruiting now.

Cheers, Billy
  10. :lol: Could be a new Nigerian scam. :?: :?: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  11. Guys - Steer well clear of any security company who ask for money up front for training, transport or to be placed on their books.

I have not heard of anyone landing up on a team or contract with this company.

12. I've heard of them.
    I was approached by them, and they asked for £100 up front to cover vetting costs...(so many walts around on the CP circuit too it seems).
    I asked for a breakdown of the costs, as a basic disclosure on a criminal background check costs around £11, and a credit check costs a tenner (roughly).
    They came back with "oh overheads mate, crayons, coal for the office stove, bananas for the gorilla" etc etc.
    I didn't go any further on that one.
    Never give anyone money tied to the promise of a job.

and PECKHAM :D :D
  14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours