ever heard of one of these?

A buddy of mine who is normally on the ball, insists there is an item of kit called, something like a 'camo-brolle'.

Reckons it is like a super-duper basha, anyone come across it??????

Yeah this is the Desert version

Attachments

i came across a thing called "cam brella" in the the late 90,s it was a cam net on an unbrella, the idear was that you had six of them that you used in lue of cam nets, on the corners and middle of your vehicle, i dont know if it was ever taken into use

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
No no, it's the new instant field home for the infantry...

Don't worry, i've got my coat!

That's got to be a dog house...the paw-print logo at bottom right is a bit of a giveaway

Mind you the MOD has never previously shied away from making the troops sleep in animal-standard accomodation...

The cambrella was a piece of kit used for camming up the Wombat once it was ground mounted. Basically a metal 'spider' which you draped the camnet over and pegged down.

ugly

LE
Rooper said:
The cambrella was a piece of kit used for camming up the Wombat once it was ground mounted. Basically a metal 'spider' which you draped the camnet over and pegged down.
I recall having a small one in our Assault Pioneer section stores trailer in 1984. we used it for the platoon SF kit. We called it the spider!

Old Recce Pl tried the "lets put cam on umbrellas "one man instant op" trick, it lasted as long as the first tangle in otterburn woods and was promptly binned.

I remember cambrellas. The ATk Pl had them as did we in the Mor Pl.