ever heard of one of these?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by thedobo, May 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. A buddy of mine who is normally on the ball, insists there is an item of kit called, something like a 'camo-brolle'.

    Reckons it is like a super-duper basha, anyone come across it??????
  2. Yeah this is the Desert version

    Attached Files:

  3. i came across a thing called "cam brella" in the the late 90,s it was a cam net on an unbrella, the idear was that you had six of them that you used in lue of cam nets, on the corners and middle of your vehicle, i dont know if it was ever taken into use
  4. Thats the bairns pop up tent!
  5. BBear

    BBear LE Reviewer

    No no, it's the new instant field home for the infantry...

    Don't worry, i've got my coat!
  6. That's got to be a dog house...the paw-print logo at bottom right is a bit of a giveaway

    Mind you the MOD has never previously shied away from making the troops sleep in animal-standard accomodation...
  7. The cambrella was a piece of kit used for camming up the Wombat once it was ground mounted. Basically a metal 'spider' which you draped the camnet over and pegged down.
  8. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    I recall having a small one in our Assault Pioneer section stores trailer in 1984. we used it for the platoon SF kit. We called it the spider!
  9. Your all wrong.
    It is this, the most gucci piece of kit ever!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Old Recce Pl tried the "lets put cam on umbrellas "one man instant op" trick, it lasted as long as the first tangle in otterburn woods and was promptly binned.