Ever been RTU'd from an important course?

Far_King_L

War Hero
It's one of those stories that crops up every now and again. I heard it over two decades after that, so it's fair to say that although there might be a kernel of truth to the original event, any subsequent retelling is almost certainly bullshit.

Such as @Bravo_Bravo 's / @Far_King_L 's version. The lying SPOTY elect ****.
Somebody seems to be very offended by some bloke they've never met, relating a story told by some other bloke thye've never met.

The guy told me that was the reason for him being binned from RMAS. Why would I doubt him?

I head the story some 25 years ago; why not tell us how very not bothered you are by carrying on ths discussion of a non issue?

Weak, weak, weak.

Last edited:
Lomebody seems to be very offended by somke bloke they've never met, relating a story told by some other bloke thye've never met.

The guy tod me that was the reason for him being binned from RMAS. Why would I doubt him?

I head the story some 25 years ago; why not tell us how very not bothered you are by carrying on ths discussion of a non issue?

Weak, weak, weak.
Who said I wasn't bothered? Your fibbing and general cuntitude bothers me very slightly.

Far_King_L

War Hero
Who said I wasn't bothered? Your fibbing and general cuntitude bothers me very slightly.
Why not go online and whine about what some bloke you've never met, was told by some other bloke you've never met, 25 years ago?

I'm sure you'll look ever so clever and in no way weeeeeeeeak.

So it doesn’t just happen to me then? Good to know
Boxy waste of time and resources as per the drill course, plus I think there will be an upper age limit on a pj's course, but correct me if I'm wrong
[/QUOTE]

You are wrong. Or if there is, then 53 is below it.

Boxy

GCM
Not yet...but I’m on my All Arms Basic Drill Course as an FTRS SNCO at the age of 56 so there’s still time.

ETA: the course is in January, unless I can wiggle out of it somehow
Bad form quoting oneself but....
I, by some miracle managed to pass it....

Good show, old chap.
Flashman 1.jpg

Good effort!
Don't be tempted to start cutting about with a pace stick though, you need Advanced Drill for that. If only someone could explain that to Squadron Sergeant Majors in the Corps, who carry pacesticks as a badge of facking office!!

Had a lad RTU himself off his TA selection weekend. Decided it clearly wasn't for him because he (and I quote verbatim from his feedback form)
"Missed his PlayStation too much"

I sort of feel your pain, I was 41 when I did the AAADC as a WO2, but take it in the spirit in which intended, and it's not personal. 'I am a mong, I am a mong' repeat ad finitum in the hedge (Pirbright)

The Cpl's from Hereford used to use our Education Center at Kineton for their EPC courses. On one particular course in late 1990, a colleague was on such a course with them when their bleepers they wore went off and they popped out to make a phone call. They stuck their head around the corner a few minutes later and said they may not be back to continue the course.

Later that day it was on the news that Kuwait had been invaded by Iraq.

Had some Sgts ( 3 or 4 it was along time ago) from Hereford on my education course in Donnington in 1990. Remember it well as they all turned up on the Monday in civvies. The RAEC Major was Ex Black Watch I think and threw a wobbly.

“On this Army course you must wear uniform” .

Next day the all turned up in different uniforms. I remember as one was wearing a Norwegian “norgi” not the cheap copies you could buy in the PRI. Others in jungle combats and wind proofs.

Maj went a bit loopy and red in the face. “ Why are you wearing those uniforms?”

One of them replied.

”It’s what we wear Major” smile on his face.

Same as your post , they all had blue pagers , well before the cell phone came out.

3 or 4 pagers start bleeping , they all look up , look at each other and say , well we will be off then.

i remember back in the early 90's being on my SNCO Course and for the initial inspection we were all stood in No2's usual blx that kinda thing. The guy next to me was in shit state, Boots not bulled, No2's creased etc etc. The RSM walked on and when he got to him asked why the **** was he dressed like a sack of shite. The lad said he only found out he was on the course on Friday and the RSM said well thank you for turning up. He moved on and jailed the next guy even though he was immaculate. Just goes to show if you have your para wings and so does the RSM you can get away with murder lol

All Arms Drill Course 92, 6 weeks of fun at Pirbright. Wednesday night you “had“ to be in the WO and Sgts mess bar at 19:30. Before the RSM arrived and you could not leave before he did, had to play Mess games as directed by the DS and drink .

Every Thursday morning inspection one of those on the course was pissed as a fart. Swamped his bed, On one occasion doing the first drill parade he even shouldered his rifle the wrong way round. One Thursday we were all Jailed and marched to the cells where we all went into the center court and had to march around and around in circles. Not much fun as the DS decided to put the three Sgts from the LI with their Inkerman silver whistle and chains at the front and we had to march at their pace. Said bloke puked up and fell over.

Next week he tried to drive home after the piss up and crashed his car on the way out of camp. His punishment was to polish one of the bronze cannons in front of the HQ.

He passed , funny he was Scots Guards.

He is here in this photo from the Falklands on Mt Tumbledown.

68DD45A6-F1A7-491F-B648-C0294760C3AF.jpeg

Had some Sgts ( 3 or 4 it was along time ago) from Hereford on my education course in Donnington in 1990. Remember it well as they all turned up on the Monday in civvies. The RAEC Major was Ex Black Watch I think and threw a wobbly.

“On this Army course you must wear uniform” .

Next day the all turned up in different uniforms. I remember as one was wearing a Norwegian “norgi” not the cheap copies you could buy in the PRI. Others in jungle combats and wind proofs.

Maj went a bit loopy and red in the face. “ Why are you wearing those uniforms?”

One of them replied.

”It’s what we wear Major” smile on his face.

Same as your post , they all had blue pagers , well before the cell phone came out.

3 or 4 pagers start bleeping , they all look up , look at each other and say , well we will be off then.
The RAEC Major sounds like that idiot who became a Labour MP. He had previously been a soldier in the Black Watch. Very left leaning Guardian lover. He got in the shite for scrapping in the House of Commons bars when pissed out of his mind a couple of times. Lost his seat a couple of elections ago.

The RAEC Major sounds like that idiot who became a Labour MP. He had previously been a soldier in the Black Watch.

The creature you refer to is one Eric Joyce. He was indeed in the Black Watch ( Pte I believe ) before going to Uni and commissioning into the RAEC. He resigned in disgrace somewhere around 1999.

A fcukwit of the highest order, that his later Political life highlighted all too well.

The creature you refer to is one Eric Joyce. He was indeed in the Black Watch ( Pte I believe ) before going to Uni and commissioning into the RAEC. He resigned in disgrace somewhere around 1999.

A fcukwit of the highest order, that his later Political life highlighted all too well.
Thats the boy!

Latest Threads