Ever been done for speeding?

Chef

LE
I too fell foul of this tax gathering scheme when on my way to the Badminton Horse Trials, cost me a hundred quid in a fine. Guess who won't be going to Bath to spend money in the future. We contacted the government help line, it appears that there are several of these schemes up and down the country, not one is the same as another. Where does all the money gathered in these schemes go?

If the schemes were the same then you'd be able to plan ahead and it would be harder to fine the unwary. Remember it's your duty to obey the council or face the consequences (Fines).

Where's the money go? My thoughts:

This link will help to find out if you’ll be affected, and then go to the appropriate sites to find out why….

EE7715D9-7140-4117-8CB3-63B7961AA04D.png

The money goes to the local council scheme

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
This link will help to find out if you’ll be affected, and then go to the appropriate sites to find out why….

View attachment 669151

The money goes to the local council scammers.
Amended the last bit to make it more accurate.

I went over to see granddaughter_mush yesterday and was chatting with mush_lad who tells me about his sister_in_law (well she will be when he and his girlfriend get married, but you know what I mean)

She didn't update her address on the V5 when she moved house, then didn't notice that the council had put in an average speed camera system on the local bypass. Three months later there's a knock on the door and she's been tracked down and presented with 14 speeding tickets. She has to got to court but decides to represent herself. After fluttering her eyelashes at the magistrate he agrees to consider it as one offence with 13 others taken into consideration; £750 fine and 42 points. He agreed not to ban her as she works for the NHS, extenuating circumstances, needs her car for work etc etc. (she's one of the top 40 in country still driving with over 12 points).

A month later she's nabbed again for the same stretch, 3 more points. And a ban this time.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
I went over to see granddaughter_mush yesterday and was chatting with mush_lad who tells me about his sister_in_law (well she will be when he and his girlfriend get married, but you know what I mean)

She didn't update her address on the V5 when she moved house, then didn't notice that the council had put in an average speed camera system on the local bypass. Three months later there's a knock on the door and she's been tracked down and presented with 14 speeding tickets. She has to got to court but decides to represent herself. After fluttering her eyelashes at the magistrate he agrees to consider it as one offence with 13 others taken into consideration; £750 fine and 42 points. He agreed not to ban her as she works for the NHS, extenuating circumstances, needs her car for work etc etc. (she's one of the top 40 in country still driving with over 12 points).

A month later she's nabbed again for the same stretch, 3 more points. And a ban this time.
some people never learn, do they?

"Panicked by a BMW and a Land Rover with blacked out windows". Someone with a guilty conscience?
Drug dealer, maybe. Not that I have a property in waddo or anything

964ST

LE
"Panicked by a BMW and a Land Rover with blacked out windows". Someone with a guilty conscience?
I was late for a ferry in NI (after touring the Republic with my missus in her German registered car, without clearance!). Was driving with a certain way “we will to get the ferry” ie. Balls out! Had a Ford Sierra in my rear view mirror with distinctively “green glass” on the front windscreen! I clocked it immediately and started acting like a German tourist by driving Really like a ****** and randomly using my indicators inappropriately eventually pulling into a garage! They let it go and drove on!
Panicked?No,
career altering, Yep

Latest Threads