Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever been done for speeding?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Kevll@r

Old-Salt
I got pulled on the M6 once doing about 90 on my way home on leave in the middle of the night. The coppers were sound once they knew I was in the forces and told me to slow down and let me on my way. A lot of coppers are ex-forces so maybe that helped. Another time when I'd just passed my test I went through a red light and got pulled. The copper was a reservist and we ended up having a chin-wag.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
0https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/lincoln-man-26-denies-committing-3839139

Robme

LE
Ok even though the best way of avoiding Speed camera points has now disappeared, their are still opportunities to wriggle out of a fine/points. But you have to appear in court and be prepared to take on the authorities.
I have managed to do so 4 times, twice using the now defunct NIP route and twice because I was a Highways engineer and making speed limits legal was part of my training. You’d be surprised how many speed limits are not legal.
If you want some advice you could PM me, or log onto Pepipo (it might be PeePiPo).

Kirkz

LE
Ok even though the best way of avoiding Speed camera points has now disappeared, their are still opportunities to wriggle out of a fine/points. But you have to appear in court and be prepared to take on the authorities.
I have managed to do so 4 times, twice using the now defunct NIP route and twice because I was a Highways engineer and making speed limits legal was part of my training. You’d be surprised how many speed limits are not legal.
If you want some advice you could PM me, or log onto Pepipo (it might be PeePiPo).
I bet you also wrangle Unicorns and wrestle Cyclops for fun, Mr Billy Bullshiter.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Got done in the Cheshire on the M6. Was done for 90mph, but copper said I'd touched a 100 at one point. I asked him what I would have got away with, he said that most cops wouldn't stop you for anything less than 85mph. So set speed alarm for 83mph and never been done since.

Twas in my absolute fave car. SAAB 900. Cornered like a barge, but the most comfortable car I ever had.

Also, once on the M40, went under a bridge with some sort of camera on it, doing 85 or so, I thought at the time that id get a ticket. Then 15 miles or so further down the road, same thing.. a camera on a bridge. I wondered if I could convince them that as I hadn't slowed down between the cameras, it was only one offence. Never got a ticket so I assume they weren't speed cameras.

Phew, thought for a minute you wouldn't have direct experience of or be an SME, in this topic
The world can carry on turning

Robme

LE
I bet you also wrangle Unicorns and wrestle Cyclops for fun, Mr Billy Bullshiter.
No i'm being perfectly serious.
What do they think they teach you in a Traffic Engineering Accident Reduction Course? Also at one time i sat next to the 3 man team which dealt with Speeding and speed awareness courses. For the best part of 5 years.
Through that knowledge i have managed to avoid 4 speeding events.
Give you an example, how far do street lights have to be apart for a restricted road to have a legal 30mph limit with out signs. And why does that matter.
Check out PEPIPo
Or if you want advice PM me and i will do what i can to assist. I cant do much about being actually stoped by Plod who says you are speeding but if its a camera then i might be able to help?
As it is often said which 3 points do you care about the 1st or the last prior to getting banned.

Robme

LE
What do they think they teach you in a Traffic Engineering Accident Reduction Course? Also at one time i sat next to the 3 man team which dealt with Speeding and speed awareness courses. For the best part of 5 years.
Give you an example, how far do street lights have to be apart for a restricted road to have a legal 30mph limit with out signs. And why does that matter.
Check out PEPIPo
Or if you want advice PM me and i will do what i can to assist. I cant do much about being actually stoped by Plod who says you are speeding but if its a camera then i might be able to help?
As it is often said which 3 points do you care about the 1st or the last prior to getting banned.

Or rather than depending on technicalities you could either not speed or accept the consequences.

Once you’ve accumulated the points facing a ban on the next time you get caught you of course have the opportunity to not speed.

Types and spacing of signs won’t save you if they comply with regulations

Kirkz

LE
Check out PEPIPo
Yet you find it difficult not to double post on an internet sight.
Are you by any chance a Kiwi abseiling instructor with a loud voice and can teach people to abseil in less than 5 minutes?

@Robme could you please advise on how to overcome guilt when you’ve just killed a toddler by doing 37 in a 30????? Will street lamp spacing justify it and allow you to tell a crying mum to stop whinging. You cunt.

What do they think they teach you in a Traffic Engineering Accident Reduction Course? ....
I expect that they begin by establishing that there are numerous factors involved in an accident - excess speed, tiredness & the drivers attention / reactions, other road users actions, weather conditions affecting visibility or grip, vehicle conditions such as tyre & brake conditions and the different characteristics of different vehicles, load conditions, being unfamiliar with the route or being over familiar with the route etc. One factor in itself doesn't cause an accident, and mitigating or resolving any of the factors could prevent or reduce how serious an accident is. Then they would move onto who has influence on those factors, and in particular how engineers and designers can manage the road and roadside furniture to influence behaviour or mitigate the effects of an accident etc

But you just heard that someones doing their side to reduce the 'impact' of an accident so you don't have to slow down, and also hope that the designers slipped up by making a sign smaller and ending up a centimetre below specification or took away / added signs / posts at the 'wrong' frequency to give you some technicality.

I expect that they begin by establishing that there are numerous factors involved in an accident - excess speed, tiredness & the drivers attention / reactions, other road users actions, weather conditions affecting visibility or grip, vehicle conditions such as tyre & brake conditions and the different characteristics of different vehicles, load conditions, being unfamiliar with the route or being over familiar with the route etc. One factor in itself doesn't cause an accident, and mitigating or resolving any of the factors could prevent or reduce how serious an accident is. Then they would move onto who has influence on those factors, and in particular how engineers and designers can manage the road and roadside furniture to influence behaviour or mitigate the effects of an accident etc

But you just heard that someones doing their side to reduce the 'impact' of an accident so you don't have to slow down, and also hope that the designers slipped up by making a sign smaller and ending up a centimetre below specification or took away / added signs / posts at the 'wrong' frequency to give you some technicality.
I bought @Robme book on everything from amazon, are you implying I should send it back.
The Stephen Hawkins walt

corby

Old-Salt
I've been on Peppipoo a couple of times, the last for a parking issue that popped up out of the blue just under 6 years after the initial "offence". I have to say the help was disappointing and some of the "experts" just post waffle for post-count purposes. There are some helpful posters there, I'm not going to totally slate the site.
In my last case I was informed by someone off Peppipoo that I had no chance of counter claiming for my time/effort against the scum bag lawyers who brought the case. Although I only got half of my counter claim I still got £150 in my pocket following advice from another online source who I would throughly recommend. If I'm allowed I will post a link to the other source.

Latest Threads