Ever been caught speeding in Cleveland? Could be good news..

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BFG 9000, Jul 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thousands of speeding tickets could be overturned after a motorist successfully appealed.

2. He should have paid up instead of taking this to the Crown Court. Think about how much this has cost the tax payer.
  3. If the government wants to spend loads of money going down the 'speed kills' rather than 'inappropriate speed kills' route then they should be fought at every juncture.

Believe me, if the tables were turned and they could get you on a technicality then they would.

Bring back traffic police, a law enforcement method that can spot more than just speeding.
  4. Yes he should accept the guilt even if it was an incorrect conviction..whatever next..people wanting a fair trial?
  5. Here, here, you don't have to be speeding to be a danger on the roads. Since I started commuting I've realised how many nobbers out there are a risk to themselves and others (usually driving Vauxhall Novas and wearing baseball caps).
  6. Well thought out Trevelez. Would you be happy to hand over cash to someone who's got no authority or has carried out their procedures incorrectly? If so I'd like a couple of hundred quid, cheers :D
  7. Cheque's in the post :(
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is Clevland anywhere near Aldershot?
  9. No, but reading this thread I wish it jolly well was! :evil:

Edited to be nice :)
  10. Given the use of computer generated letters I doubt they will be the only law inforcement who have this problem and I doubt it will stop at traffic offences..