Ever been busted?!...

...As in reduced in rank? If so what for?
I'm looking at a possibility of losing a tape some time in the near future :(

Only after spending 18 month local acting, busted on draft which prickled abit

I lost my lance-jack for drunkenly liberating a bike, sadly the German was still using it at the time & fisticuffs ensued.

The 6 weeks in Colchester was however a bonus, it made me pull my head out of my own arse and allowed me to have quite a short (medical reasons) but successful career.

poo_finger said:
I'm looking at a possibility of losing a tape some time in the near future
It's over-rated. I lost my first tape back in the early 90s - for bringing a young female acquaintance back to barracks. It hasn't harmed me too much in the long term - by my 12 year point I had caught up with my peers.

Reduced to the ranks. It is not the end of the world.

I lost two tapes in 1958 and a couple of months later, found myself inside

for twenty eight days following a disagreement with the wrong person.

As a Krazy Ivan said, it makes you re-evaluate. I had them both back

within three years. It is not for everyone but I think I became a better

soldier for the experience. It certainly took the chip off my shoulder.

I'm a full screw, substansive! Not a bad one at that i like to think.
However my love of the demon alcohol causes one to make some uncharacteristic decisions and all judgement goes out of the window.
I've got a clean conduct sheet, so i'm hoping the powers that be will be slighty leniant when it comes to awarding me my punishment, however i am preparing for the worst!

poo_finger said:
I'm a full screw, substansive! Not a bad one at that i like to think.
However my love of the demon alcohol causes one to make some uncharacteristic decisions and all judgement goes out of the window.
I've got a clean conduct sheet, so i'm hoping the powers that be will be slighty leniant when it comes to awarding me my punishment, however i am preparing for the worst!
And so say all of us. The Demon Drink and soldiers. Good luck mate.

As it stands, I think i'm getting done for, being p*ssed out of my head when i was meant to be on duty, and gobbing off to a Junior officer for attempting to get me to duty. Its probably been written up to sound 10 times worse in the statements etc.
Currently i'm being left to stew, and the rumour factory is out of control with regards to possible punishments etc, slightly annoying but hey ho!
Ultimately not big, not clever! But whats done is done and i had an awesome weekend, albeit regretting it a tad now!

poo_finger said:
As it stands, I think i'm getting done for, being p*ssed out of my head when i was meant to be on duty, and gobbing off to a Junior officer for attempting to get me to duty. Its probably been written up to sound 10 times worse in the statements etc.
Currently i'm being left to stew, and the rumour factory is out of control with regards to possible punishments etc, slightly annoying but hey ho!
Ultimately not big, not clever! But whats done is done and i had an awesome weekend, albeit regretting it a tad now!
If this is what happened, I think you should prepare yourself for the worst.

Standby for lots of sanctimonious "You are an NCO and therefore have to be held to a higher standard" claptrap.

Except its true - you should have known better.

You are a full screw - haven't you learnt how not to get caught yet? :D

poo_finger said:
Dont ever regret it... you had an awesome weekend...take your "award" do what ever needs to be done and Carry On.

In a few years you will laugh at the whole situation as it will pale into insignificance.

Try this:
Sir, I must apologise for my actions which I am sure you will agree are uncharacteristic of my military service to date.
I have been feeling some considerable pain in my (insert non humorous but possibly embarrassing body part) recently after the last CFT and so as to not let the side down I have been taking over the counter pain killers. It would appear that they do not react very well with the very small amount of alcohol I consumed on the day in question, a side effect of which I was unaware. For my actions and attitude both of which were beyond my control at the time I apologise once again and promise to use the MRS for all future medical problems.
:D

the_butler said:
Try this:
Sir, I must apologise for my actions which I am sure you will agree are uncharacteristic of my military service to date.
I have been feeling some considerable pain in my (insert non humorous but possibly embarrassing body part) recently after the last CFT and so as to not let the side down I have been taking over the counter pain killers. It would appear that they do not react very well with the very small amount of alcohol I consumed on the day in question, a side effect of which I was unaware. For my actions and attitude both of which were beyond my control at the time I apologise once again and promise to use the MRS for all future medical problems.
:D
I'm going to learn that word for word, f*cking awesome!

Be a man, take it on the chin, crack on, all the best blokes get in the shoite, only the depth varies

Broken Down from Lieutenant in '99'; for some thing pretty stupid....took me 6 years to get my stripes back! Currently on list for Lieutenant , but no vacancies! Remember, it only hurts when you're awake...just stay motivated and drive on! Best of luck! :D

poo_finger said:
Yer goin' daaahn!

Just don't let them give you a beasting :roll:

Take it on the chin, keep pestering them about letting you stew. Only bullies do that.

Going down?!...Yep I'm kinda thinking that too, asked for an update today, no new's other than my 'case' if you can call it that, has been referred up to Army Legal!
Seem's like they're pulling out all the stops to fcuk me up!
Oh it's not been a good week to be Cpl Poo_Finger, I suppose on the upside tommorow is Friday, I can go out and get bladdered again, and maybe blow out this Sundays guard too?! :p

poo_finger said:
What are you 12 years old being p*ssed out of my head when i was meant to be on duty, and gobbing off I have corrected your spelling.

KNOB cheese.