Events in Saudi Arabia - Coincidence or More?

I get that. I can try to see events in the region from a Saudi point of view. What I can't see is where this escalation might end and what the KSA might gain.
It ends in war with the Persians getting a doing from Uncle Sam.

They have a point in respect of Yemeni missiles. No experience of production, out of missiles, lo and behold they have converted missiles now. How did they get there so quickly? How long did it take Saddam with a much bigger program and loads more cash?

Did you read the Jane's article?
Have you any suggestions how the Yemenis are getting either the missiles or the components into the country past the Saudi blockade?

Were they actually out of missiles before, or just didn't have any that were in working order? I imagine that getting some engineering help into the country unnoticed would be a lot easier than entire missiles.

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
Have you any suggestions how the Yemenis are getting either the missiles or the components into the country past the Saudi blockade?
With the help of Russian and Persian allies, and of course, corrupted Saudies.

Were they actually out of missiles before, or just didn't have any that were in working order? I imagine that getting some engineering help into the country unnoticed would be a lot easier than entire missiles.
Their Quaher-1 is bit edited missile from S-75 (SA-2) - they have enough of them. But actually they preffer Tochka-U (SS-21).

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
If I was a Saudi, I'd spend the next few months hanging around London.......

the karaoke bars are great fun.
And enjoy famouse British tea with Polonium?
London now is one of the friendlies places in the world for Secret Services from all over the world, including Russia, Iran and KSA.

Seems the Crown Prince is looking to get rid of any possible contenders to his title as Heir Apparent and also top up the Saudi Government Funds.

More arrests have been made, and more accounts frozen. Saudi Arabia reported to make fresh arrests in anti-graft crackdown
Saudi Arabian authorities have made further arrests and frozen more bank accounts in an expanding anti-corruption crackdown on the kingdom's political and business elite, sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday
The number of people expected to be swept into the net is expected to eventually be in the hundreds. The number of bank accounts frozen is over 1,700 and rising.
Others under scrutiny are being telephoned by investigators about their finances but appear to remain at liberty, one of the sources said, adding that the number of people targeted by the crackdown was expected eventually to rise into the hundreds.

The number of domestic bank accounts frozen as a result of the purge is over 1,700 and rising, up from 1,200 reported on Tuesday, banking sources said. A number of those held most recently include individuals with links to the immediate family of the late Crown Prince and Defence Minister Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz who died in 2011, the sources said.
It will be fascinating though to see how many people actually end up being prosecuted for corruption, or whether the investigation will be quietly dropped after making examples of a few has served its purpose of distracting the populace from upcoming austerity measures.

Their Quaher-1 is bit edited missile from S-75 (SA-2) - they have enough of them. But actually they preffer Tochka-U (SS-21).
They also have a series of weapons with the local name Zalzal, or "earthquake" in Farsi.

Zelzal-3 - Wikipedia

These are in service with the Iranian forces, and their proxy allies.

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
They also have a series of weapons with the local name Zalzal, or "earthquake" in Farsi.

Zelzal-3 - Wikipedia

These are in service with the Iranian forces, and their proxy allies.
Yes, they have, but with CEP near 10 km, it is almost useless against military targets. Tool for harrasing fire against big and unprotected targets like Arabic cities.

Yes, they have, but with CEP near 10 km, it is almost useless against military targets. Tool for harrasing fire against big and unprotected targets like Arabic cities.
Helps to have more to throw over the border then!

Like the one intercepted three days ago over Riyadh?

Saudi forces have reported shooting down Houthi missiles in the past , though none has come so close to a major population centre

Helps to have more to throw over the border then!

Like the one intercepted three days ago over Riyadh?

Times of Israel /AP says it was a "Volcano"missile.
Saudi Arabia warns Iran Yemen missile attack ‘may be act of war’

Wikipedia has a "Volcano H-2" aka Burkan/Borkan/Burqan
It appears to be a liquid fuelled rocket, which suggests, to me, a probable Iranian Shahab class, which are going out of service.These were SCUD B clones.

As liquid fuelled missiles are nasty and not very mobile, the Iranians have probably off loaded their surplus to the Houthis. I expect they trained or supplied the ground crews as well, -you don't let tribesmen near Red Fuming Nitric Acid and Kerosene if you can help it.
Yemen did operate the SCUD at one time, but I doubt they retain the capacity now.

I think the Saudi's are probably correct to think it is the Iranians.

Saudi graft inquiry spreads beyond borders as UAE examines bank accounts
So the corruption investigations are spreading to the UAE (spookily where Hariri the former Leb PM went the other day). Maybe they are finally sorting out the corruption in some of the Gulf states? Maybe not. Then again, their principle opponent is busily nicking dual nationals: Exclusive: Iran's Revolutionary Guards arrest more dual nationals

Still a lot to play for between the Sunni and Shi'a led states.
"Nicking dual nationals"- aka "taking hostages.".
How very Iranian Revolutionary.

Hmmm......
This would not be good news at all if it is true. At least not for me and @NSP
Is Saudi Arabia Lying about Its Oil Inventories? | OilPrice.com

Saudi Arabia’s reports about declining crude oil inventories were instrumental in the buildup of trust on the market that OPEC’s—and the Kingdom’s specifically—efforts to rebalance crude oil’s fundamentals were working. Now, a satellite imaging company, Orbital Insights, is challenging these reports, suggesting that OPEC’s leader may have well been lying to get prices higher.

I would be far less worried about them lying about inventories than I would reserves - about which there are plenty of doubts. They haven't released official data for over 30 years and, iirc, the Wikileaks revelations indicated that Aramco (you know, that one that is preparing for the world's largest stock flotation) had indicated that to be the case.

I think it was Abraham Lincoln who is reported to have said "One war at a time" to his Secretary of State for War, who suggested starting a war with Britain to unite the republic.

(Obviously, he'd have been a better preseident just saying "Fine people on many sides, many sides")

Not having finished in any way, the current engagement in Yemen - they appear to be squaring up with Lebanon.

Saudi Arabia Orders Its Citizens Out of Lebanon, Raising Fears of War

I would be far less worried about them lying about inventories than I would reserves - about which there are plenty of doubts. They haven't released official data for over 30 years and, iirc, the Wikileaks revelations indicated that Aramco (you know, that one that is preparing for the world's largest stock flotation) had indicated that to be the case.
That would be good news for someone working in exploration, i.e. me.

I appreciate that it has the potential to through the world economy a googly though.