Events in Saudi Arabia - Coincidence or More?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cedenullis, Nov 5, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. If I was a Saudi, I'd spend the next few months hanging around London.......

the karaoke bars are great fun.

[​IMG]

2. Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. Since when has that ever happened?!

• Like Like x 2
  4. An interesting tweet chain:

5. They have a point in respect of Yemeni missiles. No experience of production, out of missiles, lo and behold they have converted missiles now. How did they get there so quickly? How long did it take Saddam with a much bigger program and loads more cash?

Did you read the Jane's article?

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  6. I read the article. They may have a point, as you suggest. However, another war at this time, with KSA and possibly Israel vs Iran and allies; a war by proxy in Lebanon perhaps? I hope calm heads prevail.

7. Iran has been fighting proxy wars since the revolution. You do get that? This is still at the measures escalation stage but it apparently has US backing so who knows where it could go?

8. whats the international diplomacy equivalent of shrugging and saying "it was probably just kids"?

9. I get that. I can try to see events in the region from a Saudi point of view. What I can't see is where this escalation might end and what the KSA might gain.
    It's not as if the KSA's other military efforts are a success, to put it mildly.

10. It ends in war with the Persians getting a doing from Uncle Sam.

11. Yep.
    And 100+ years of retaliatory violence and terror attacks.
    Excuse me if I don't pop the old champagne corks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. As an ex-Diplomat, I’d probable say ‘The situation is very fluid’.

Which is double edged as you are not committing any opinion, and equally confusing non native speaker of English.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Have you any suggestions how the Yemenis are getting either the missiles or the components into the country past the Saudi blockade?

Were they actually out of missiles before, or just didn't have any that were in working order? I imagine that getting some engineering help into the country unnoticed would be a lot easier than entire missiles.

• Like Like x 1
  14. YarS

YarS On ROPs

With the help of Russian and Persian allies, and of course, corrupted Saudies.

Their Quaher-1 is bit edited missile from S-75 (SA-2) - they have enough of them. But actually they preffer Tochka-U (SS-21).