Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even the Unknown Warrior is Racist!

I am starting to feel the same way mucker.

You look around you and wonder what is the f**ing point of any of it anymore.

As if there were not enough problems in the world, small minded look-at-me herberts are desperate to manufacture even more despair. It's getting to the point that it isn't worth keeping going now.

As demonstrated by the increase of the suicide rate in the last 6 months, from historic lows.

They want to research why certain groups are deciding it isn't worth it now? Do these people not watch the BBC or read the Guardian then?
On a slightly cheerier note, I'm reminded of the time going home on around 2200 on the london Bridge to Caterham train.

Oh how us knackered commuters enjoyed the company of some really wanky EU exchange students from Brighton who'd got on the wrong train but were intending-after much loud discussion-to change at East Croydon.
Which resulted in a Euro style "Bummi Bummi oooftah " type singalong...chap opposite me mentioned Palace had lost and would he be OK taking the seat next to me facing these mongs.

Errrr OK ...cue the stop at Norwood Junction, loads of Palace fans pile aboard...watch this says my new pal...

Messy was not the word.

I can't help thinking western civilisation is in some form of managed decline - destined to be akin to the fall of the roman empire - all in the hope that, in maybe a thousand years - some historian will say: "well, they mean't well".
Douglas Murray has an analogy of a train (western society) coming into its desired station ( equality and social justice), and its almost there after a long journey. It only needs to keep going a bit more. Then suddenly, the train gathers a head of steam, races down the track and goes completely off the rails.

There's another about the dragonslayer who after many battles is left to slay smaller and smaller dragons until finally he's swinging his sword at thin air.

Bob65

War Hero
It'll never triumph in Britain, because before that seems like a genuine, tangible prospect, the proverbial silent majority will say "enough of this shit".

As I commented in another thread, all the institutions have been subverted. Who will you appeal to when you can't vote on it because both major parties concur on wokeness/great reset/whatever it's called now, you can't go to the courts because them too, the media are all singing from the same songsheet, the schools, universities, museums, the police, even the church? It turns out everyone in the silent majority thought the rest of the silent majority were on the case whereas actually we were all asleep at the wheel.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
As I commented in another thread, all the institutions have been subverted. Who will you appeal to when you can't vote on it because both major parties concur on wokeness/great reset/whatever it's called now, you can't go to the courts because them too, the media are all singing from the same songsheet, the schools, universities, museums, the police, even the church? It turns out everyone in the silent majority thought the rest of the silent majority were on the case whereas actually we were all asleep at the wheel.
A problem is that this doesn't appear to be important to the Conservative Party. It's not driving things, but they are happening on its watch.

What it has the potential to do is reinforce support for more Right-Wing organisations - not necessarily because that's where people's political leanings are, but because they don't see the Centrist parties doing anything to stop what's happening.

Maybe it's a long-term Marxist strategy to try and split the Tory vote. It makes sense in a first past the post system. I'm not so sure that that's the case - I don't see a lot of the Marxists as being especially bright, they're just dogmatic. But it could be.

In which case, the Tories should be all over this stuff like a tramp on chips.

Da tomb of da unknown solja innit.

I thought that was a tree with a roadside shrine and the remains of the small hatchback whose demise led to the outbreaks of 'you was a solja, blood!' tributes on social media scattered about its slight battered form?

At least it is if you've been a member of Arrse long enough...

I confess to being outraged.

The idea of an Unknown Warrior helped to give settlement to those thousands of families that lost their sons, husbands and brothers, yet received no body or tomb. In an era where wars began to be formally fought with Allies, the US Unknown Soldier holds the Victoria Cross. This was awarded in reciprocation for the award of the Medal of Honor to the British Unknown Warrior, both in the 1920s.

The degree of veneration is almost unprecedented. In the UK, the Unknown Warrior is interred with Kings and Queens in a thousand year old abbey. In the US, this is not available, so the tomb is guarded 24x7x365, rain or shine by the Army. And has been for 83 years. Continuously.

I‘ve lost mates in the Army, and though I have not been to their graves, I have been to both of those Unknowns. At both, I thought of my mates. It gave some sense of closure, because my sense of loss was dwarfed by the overall sense of loss.

An unknown soldier is by definition, unknown. Whoever came up with the idea of politicising this most revered institution should be shot at dawn firmly disciplined.

Latest Threads