Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even the Unknown Warrior is Racist!

Slime

LE
OK, so the memorial will soon become:

Da tomb of da unknown solja innit.

We can then move on to hear the Beeb tell us how the solja was black, but it was actually a girl who masterminded the WW1 victory.........oh hang on, a victory is a bit anti woke!

So what are we expected to do, dig up the Unknown Warrior and replace him with a gay BAME?

BTW this should put the cat among the pigeons -

But oh dear me, white pa, private school, Officer local defense force 1911 and volunteered first few weeks WW1 and commissioned straight away. BTW was not the Warwickshire Regt Monty's mob?

ISTR a Black Officer Musician predating them Georgian period perhaps? The dit ran (as best I recall it) that a smart-arse came up to him in the street and asked him "What news of the Devil?". The Officer proceeded to lay him out and replied "He sends you this. How do you like it?"

ETA seems I promoted him.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the stone should be rewritten to correct the tautology in lines 12/13 of "Many Multitudes".

Not really. A multitude can mean a group so there can be a series of groups. Pretty sure it's a biblical usage...

He's also male. And probably straight. But don't tell the Guardian . . .
Probably, but by no means certainly.

Given the wholesale slaughter of junior officers, many of whom were teenagers barely out of some public school there's a reasonable chance that of the bodies chosen one of them might well be regarded as gay in today's terms.

But as has been said countless times in this thread, gay or straight, black or white, Christian, Jew or Muslim or atheist the entire point of the operation was that no one would know who or what he was, he stood for them all.

I doubt there is a single person who if it were ever discovered that he was black or was gay, would demand that he should be hoiked out and replaced with a good God-fearing, white, straight Englishman.

Probably, but by no means certainly.

Given the wholesale slaughter of junior officers, many of whom were teenagers barely out of some public school there's a reasonable chance that of the bodies chosen one of them might well be regarded as gay in today's terms.

But as has been said countless times in this thread, gay or straight, black or white, Christian, Jew or Muslim or atheist the entire point of the operation was that no one would know who or what he was, he stood for them all.

I doubt there is a single person who if it were ever discovered that he was black or was gay, would demand that he should be hoiked out and replaced with a good God-fearing, white, straight Englishman.

I'd probably want him replaced if he was ever found to be a paddy.

Dear God, should the tomb be interfered with I rather think even the oldest, decrepit amongst us would take to the streets.
He, I think we agree was a man was chosen from a group of unknown soldiers in a very fair selection process. If people want him to be a her/it/black or whatever let them. But please leave well alone.
I rather think the Woke community will be hard pressed to find a black, trans/binary whatever they want to replace him.
This whole debate has become bloody stupid and divisive, and I am really not sure where it will end, but any of you with a whiff of privilege best beware they are coming for you!

420,000 feels too low - that's less than half the total of deaths for British and Imperial Forces in World War One.
The number of those killed on the Western Front from Britain and the Imperial forces was nearly 750,000.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offa

War Hero
So what are we expected to do, dig up the Unknown Warrior and replace him with a gay BAME?

BTW this should put the cat among the pigeons -

But oh dear me, white pa, private school, Officer local defense force 1911 and volunteered first few weeks WW1 and commissioned straight away. BTW was not the Warwickshire Regt Monty's mob?
Enoch Powell enlisted in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment in October 1939; by August 1942 he was Lieut. Col.

Enoch Powell enlisted in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment in October 1939; by August 1942 he was Lieut. Col.
What a brown nose he must have been.

Ended the war as a brigadier in the Int Corps, which he transferred to in 1940 after he was commissioned!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads