Even the Telegraph's lying.

YES, the new Ranger Regiment should adopt the shorts used by the selous scouts, whether officially or unofficially.

RHDUNI1250-Selous-Scouts-Shorts2.jpg

origin.jpg

21e5061affc92f73054fe8c209bd043b.jpg

8130a16888ba9a45876bd388a26696e9.jpg
The shorts/T-Shirts, tackies combo was a deception for their cover story that they were an elite tracker unit. Not so good for their main role as pseudo operators.

This is an example of the normal operationg gear for white soldiers in the Selous Scouts. Their role would be to stand back in a hide running an OP while the black operators made contact with the genuine terrorist gang. The white operator would then call in and direct a Fire Force from the Rhodesian Light Infantry or the Rhodesian African Rifles.

main-qimg-6c0fdd0ae702ef58b8178d37d6eb262d.jpg
PnzEmSo6J4Boh-i1V2QDhUDe6b0szekguRH4g0DBe-I.jpg

Wagner-Group

Old-Salt
The shorts/T-Shirts, tackies combo was a deception for their cover story that they were an elite tracker unit. Not so good for their main role as pseudo operators.

This is an example of the normal operationg gear for white soldiers in the Selous Scouts. Their role would be to stand back in a hide running an OP while the black operators made contact with the genuine terrorist gang. The white operator would then call in and direct a Fire Force from the Rhodesian Light Infantry or the Rhodesian African Rifles.

View attachment 618473View attachment 618474

This Tactic is used by the Army.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fdd5587b8-963b-11e6-9cf8-8194c22ea509.jpg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Canaan Banana.
I googled it.
Which became a semi-popular drink in the lights.
Cane being a popular spirit in southern Africa.

A story goes that after his inauguration the collected journalists were informed that should they wish to remain in Zim, that were they to report on any future negotiations involving the President, on no account were they to be described as "fruitful."

View attachment 618473View attachment 618474

Pretty standard for SADF camo application too. Lot of 'Nam movies came out just after I'd left the initial service and the artistically applied multi coloured Rambo stripes always raised a laugh. More so when the hero applied them looking sternly into the camera with his thousand yard stare.

Got out and for weeks after leaving I was still finding spots of black is beautiful hiding inside ears, in crevices under arms and on hands and neck, eyelids, nostrils, under nails and so on. The stuff got in everywhere.

ETA: Black is Beautiful was a line of hair and skin care products favoured by the duskier ntombezaans. It was the nickname of the camo slap used by the SADF, given by the troops who used it due to the NCO's exhortations to not be shy applying it and to make sure any shiny mzungu bits were well covered.

Pretty standard for SADF camo application too. Lot of 'Nam movies came out just after I'd left the initial service and the artistically applied multi coloured Rambo stripes always raised a laugh. More so when the hero applied them looking sternly into the camera with his thousand yard stare.

Got out and for weeks after leaving I was still finding spots of black is beautiful hiding inside ears, in crevices under arms and on hands and neck, eyelids, nostrils, under nails and so on. The stuff got in everywhere.

ETA: Black is Beautiful was a line of hair and skin care products favoured by the duskier ntombezaans. It was the nickname of the camo slap used by the SADF, given by the troops who used it due to the NCO's exhortations to not be shy applying it and to make sure any shiny mzungu bits were well covered.
You has got to use black is beautiful...
'But corp, that shit gets everywhere... can't we use cork instead?'
You has got to use black is beautiful!

Bloody stuff - did wonders for the acne... not.

Ja, cultivated zits in places I didn't even know I had places.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
You has got to use black is beautiful...
'But corp, that shit gets everywhere... can't we use cork instead?'
You has got to use black is beautiful!

Bloody stuff - did wonders for the acne... not.
You think is was bad black is beautiful got everywhere ?

It's a lot softer than a cork...

CC_TA

LE
Imagine how upset the wokers will be when they find out they'll be getting nasty weapons as well as natty birdie badged hats.

Latest Threads