Even more good news about future life in the TA Sigs

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't go into details, but it's getting very sad!

Don't see the point anymore.

The whole org. looks like it's being stripped down to the bare bones and people being treated like mushrooms.

Why is everything chinese whispers with no official information on what's happening? I understand that nothings decided but why is everything last minute dot.com

I'm expecting to come in one week, to be told end-ex
  2. Oh, come on... its a rumour site... spill the beans old chap.
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

(In the tone of Kaa from the Disney version of the jungle book)

"Come to meeeee, oh come to meeee...." :D
  4. Darth Duke: "Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!" :twisted:
  5. I think you mean dot com or .com

not dot.com as in dot dot com
  6. The most maddening of all of the current muck arounds is this.

A particular regiment is being moved down to a squadron instead. They are given the ORBAT and positions for the new squadron by 2 Sig Bde. Regt / sqn officers work their balls off trying to fit people into the places in the squadron. Meanwhile at local brigade level, there is support to help move people that have not got a place to the best fit available for them. Great.

Once this has been completed, 2 Sig Bde decide that they now want to change the ORBAT to cut out 15% of those places. Meaning that everyone has to start again.

I mean fcuk me - is there somebody trying to see how many people they can get to play "on the bus, off the bus" at the same time?

I had seen it at troop, squadron and even regimental level before. But with a full brigade? That takes both skill and a complete disregard for morale.
  7. msr

msr LE

Most probably at a new unit if they are getting this much f**k about factor...

P.S. I hear the Liverpool Gunners are looking for quality soldiers ;)
  8. Ah. Well yet another place that I can't apply for. Any regiments looking for barely adequate excuses for soldiers who know fcuking everything if only people would listen to them?
  9. I thought someone was going to inject the rumour I heard yesterday

That 2 Sig Bde was up for having a male phallus being rammed up its alimentary canal without lube. In the next round of defense cuts. Bye Bye Signals TA

12 group bolt shot too early some might say.

But this is only rumour, conjecture, hearsay.
  10. msr

msr LE

Which bolt did they have to shoot? They had enough time to see this coming, yet left it too little, too late.

11. Why all these cuts when the TA are getting more heavily reliaed on for ops? Surley more money should be being pumped in on training? Or is hat too much of a good idea?!
  12. msr

msr LE

Try going to your local library.

This will have the following benefits:

1) Free access to dictionaries.
    2) Free access to newspapers.
    3) Free access to books.

A combination of the above may stop you from posting the most mind numbing drivel every time your mouth stick touches the keyboard.

13. Fcuking hell, MSR - tell him how you REALLY feel! 8O :D
  14. with the regular army coming to full strength now then will be less reliant on the TA in the next few years

just bin the TA altogether, ive defo started to lose my TA mojo now, planning X Y Z only for YZ to be cancelled and X is an ECI inspection, that they expect everyone to turn up for

works both ways Mr Government
  15. You really are a cnut aren't you!

Alternatly I could ask my PSI!