EVE - Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Bandalong, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After my excursion into Iain M Banks novels, I hear that this is the game to play.

Any one can comment if worth it?

2. Depends on what you like.
    It is engrosing, time consuming, often frustratingly slow and takes a long time to learn. I know people who say that you won't get a huge amount out of it until you have been playing for 6 months to a year.
    Graphically it is beautiful and the gameplay is smooth and well laid out. It doesn't take too long to learn the basics and get going but, unlike a lot of other online games, there is a huge need for co-operative play and without it you will find it repetitive very quickly.
    I have had it for maybe 6 months and I dip in and out of it. I have got to the point where I need to spend a lot more time on it (did I mention that it is time consuming?) and start engaging in co-operative play otherwise it will become pointless. I haven't really decided yet if I can be bothered or not.
    If you want to give it a go they will give you a free 14 dya trial and you can download the game direct from their website. There is lot of in game help from other players when you are starting out and feel free to PM me if there is anything that you want to know.

3. Cheers gaijin, will give it a go.

4. I have been playing for about 4 years mate and the game is totally engrossing.

My advice is join a really good corps and engage in the role play aspect of the game.

It is not all about fighting Player versus Player (PVP) but has many aspects to it so check out: EVE Online Forums

This at least will give you some idea as to what it is all about :D

Diversify

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I played for about 2 years and then went over to WOW which i have also stopped playing.

I found EvE very good fun, just a little annoying in areas with campers and the speed of my computer not being fast enough to keep up with the lag that occured.

It is probably a lot better now, but to be aware that i found it a very graphics intensive game on my computer (which was not top end I admit) so you will want to try the 14 trial before paying. On the plus side i haven't renewed my subs for about 2 years now and they are still sending me the e-mails so i assume my account is still dormant and can be re-activated again, which isn't a bad situation to be in.

S_R