Eurovision Song Contest

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Stonker, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just one question.

Why (FFS :roll: )?

Answers in your own time, and on any aspect of said, sad event.

2. Keeps the eurocrats happy....

3. Well, that was witty. :roll:

Are you in the Air Force, perchance? :D

4. Did anyone notice the amount of Muslim states winning this year????

Particularly the one with a bad war crime history. oops is that a bit PC :crying:

5. Serbia? Muslim? :?

6. I can't get over the fact that we were bombing the winning nation back to the stone -age a few years ago. FFS half the Balkan countries that voted for the tw@ts were thrown into civil war by the Bstards. And wasn't that Slobo's uglier lesbo sister fronting the effort?

7. ..and yet we got so few votes :? ..Oh, hang on...!

8. Even so, Wogan is a legend and makes the whole pointless pile of drivel worth watching.

9. Don't be so critical, jesus it's all shi ts and giggles,
    has been for ages, truth is Ol Tel drinks a bottle of a certain Irish cream liqueur (sp) before it starts and another during,
    honest he is not putting it on, and to be fair you couldnt take the urine out of all those people with style without a few shandies!!!
    My verdict ,,,
    fanny vote............... Russia
    shits and giggles.....Ukraine
    Our lot...... where is my gun? That was more diaboloical than a childs nativity play and even if you had vested interests in your own flesh an blood, hunt them down and kill them with big clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. No that was a genetically engineered combination of Jimmy Kranky and KD Lang, aka KD Kranky.

11. And, of course, we provide a huge amount of the funding for the extravaganza from our licence fees.

This means we could put forward Peter Mandleson singing 'Ma ,He's Making Eyes at Me' accompanied by David Blunkett on the spoons as our entry and we'd still get a bye into the final (just like the Germans, whose huge financial contribution came about from their embracing the notion that they'd rather unite Europe through song rather than invasion in about 1960).

12. The whole farce is only bearable because of the wit and wisdom of El Tel...

Our song was crap, but even if it was the best song ever written and performed we still wouldn't win in this day and age. Too much politics involved it is sad to say...let's face it, we are not exactly popular in europe are we?

I would be very surprised if we EVER won it again....

13. My missus is a Russian from Ukraine (women are like domain names - all the best ones are gone now so you have to get one from a funny sounding country these days) and was completely KO'd by Ukraine's entry. Russians tend to hate homosexuals to a degree not seen since PW Botha and the Bureau Of State Security so no surprise to guess what her reaction to Ukraine's entry was going to be. About 30 minutes ago she was still on the phone to friends in Odessa going on about 'f***ing golden pheasants [slang for homos in Russian] and their f***ing German pervert boyfriends' ... best fun evening I've had in years!

14. I didn't take that much notice of this tonight, but from what I saw, we had the worst entry! Even the group dressed as robots were more impressive!

15. You cnut ! I'd recorded it to watch later and you have spoiled the result for me now.......

BTW Serbia is about as Muslim as the USA.