Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Euros 2021 - the I'm not sure if I care thread

So... England verses Germany on tuesday. Will we be going out on penalties again?
If a penalty shootout is in the next round of course!
Anyone?

So... England verses Germany on tuesday. Will we be going out on penalties again?
If a penalty shootout is in the next round of course!
Anyone?
I was out at a Schuetzenverein event yesterday evening. Apart from the usual ribbing, the Germans all think they are going to lose against England on Tuesday. That is an opinion I have never heard before among Germans.

Mal sehen!

I was out at a Schuetzenverein event yesterday evening. Apart from the usual ribbing, the Germans all think they are going to lose against England on Tuesday. That is an opinion I have never heard before among Germans.

Mal sehen!
To be objective about it, if there ever was a German team that England SHOULD beat, this is it..On paper, despite the enduring reputation of "die Mannschaft", Englands three lions are just about the better team at the moment.
Of course, whether it will actually turn out like that is a totally different matter.

I've had my flag up over in Germany since day one. It's a Union flag as opposed to an English one so as to represent all three home nations now only two of course. That'll teach the jocks for digging up Wembly and wrecking the goalposts!
Now that we are to meet Germany in the knockout stage, I've instructed my good lady to invest in a German flag to sit alongside mine and hopefully stop the windows getting bricks through them.

View attachment 583944

Entente Cordiale has been resumed.

20210626_193941~2.jpg

To be objective about it, if there ever was a German team that England SHOULD beat, this is it..On paper, despite the enduring reputation of "die Mannschaft", Englands three lions are just about the better team at the moment.
Of course, whether it will actually turn out like that is a totally different matter.

Too close to call, IMHO. Germany seem to be the better attacking team, but are defensively fragile at times. England have kept a clean sheet in all three games but only scored two goals.

I've had my flag up over in Germany since day one. It's a Union flag as opposed to an English one so as to represent all three home nations now only two of course. That'll teach the jocks for digging up Wembly and wrecking the goalposts!
Everyone seems to have forgotten about them nicking one of the 'e's while they were at it.