Euros 2021 - the I'm not sure if I care thread

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
According to the bedwetters, a rousing chorus of "Ten German Bombers" is ultra-nationalist and we should all beware:

Rather than rail against the sight and sound of stout English yeomen stripped to the waist, roaring their enthusiasm and displaying both their awesome body art and formidable quantities of adipose tissue, clearly the answer is to improve education in this country sufficiently for England supporters to taunt the Boxheads with something more elegant:

Fat POM

War Hero
According to the bedwetters, a rousing chorus of "Ten German Bombers" is ultra-nationalist and we should all beware:

Rather than rail against the sight and sound of stout English yeomen stripped to the waist, roaring their enthusiasm and displaying both their awesome body art and formidable quantities of adipose tissue, clearly the answer is to improve education in this country sufficiently for England supporters to taunt the Boxheads with something more elegant:

Or in the famous British free-booting spirit which made us a byword around the world: both.

I predicted Italy to win the tournament before it started and have seen nothing to change my mind.
However, I now predict that they;
A) Will beat Germany in the final
B) Will be the first team in history to win the trophy without conceding a single goal.

You heard it here first.......

Advertisement,

Arrse up Face down. 2021/22 Fantasy league and thread has been created.

Past players can click 'renew' your leagues which should auto add you to the new one.

OR click on the league tab and use the code or better still click the auto link below.

Code to join the league: r6admo

Link to Auto join: Fantasy Premier League, Official Fantasy Football Game of the Premier League

A thread post registration will be in place from now on to prevent complete strangers from clogging up the league. Of course Arrse Members and invited friends or family are still quite welcome.

If you have entered already or are about to join you must drop by this thread and post your Arrse member team manager name (the one you wish to see posted in the thread updates) or your team name.

Fcking hell.

There actually is something duller than wendyball.

Pretend wendyball.

Last edited:
I've had my flag up over in Germany since day one. It's a Union flag as opposed to an English one so as to represent all three home nations now only two of course. That'll teach the jocks for digging up Wembly and wrecking the goalposts!
Now that we are to meet Germany in the knockout stage, I've instructed my good lady to invest in a German flag to sit alongside mine and hopefully stop the windows getting bricks through them.

20210618_175747_copy_1816x3384~2.jpg

I've had my flag up over in Germany since day one. It's a Union flag as opposed to an English one so as to represent all three home nations now only two of course. That'll teach the jocks for digging up Wembly and wrecking the goalposts!
Now that we are to meet Germany in the knockout stage, I've instructed my good lady to invest in a German flag to sit alongside mine and hopefully stop the windows getting bricks through them.

View attachment 583944
My England flag has been flying wildly atop my large flagpole since day one of the competition. My neighbours love it. They all want to be English really, so they can be cool and suave like me. (Actually one couple wants to move to UK, but their kids live in this area so they 'can't').

I'll post a pic later.

View attachment 583944
What closed camp did you steal your fence from?

View attachment 583944

You can put up the England flag now. Wales isn’t represented in the union flag.

I wasn't aware of that. Ta dingerr.

England, Scotland and Ireland. Wales was deemed part of England when the flag was constituted and we owned the whole chuffing lot of Ireland at the time.

So... England verses Germany on tuesday. Will we be going out on penalties again?
If a penalty shootout is in the next round of course!
Anyone?

So... England verses Germany on tuesday. Will we be going out on penalties again?
Anyone?

Yes. It will be 11-11 on penalties meaning the managers have to take one.

Yes. It will be 11-11 on penalties meaning the managers have to take one.
That's us f***ed then. We all know that Southgate doesn't do penalties!
Still, it could be worse. Loosing to the frogs for example.

Anyone?
I was out at a Schuetzenverein event yesterday evening. Apart from the usual ribbing, the Germans all think they are going to lose against England on Tuesday. That is an opinion I have never heard before among Germans.

Mal sehen!

Dalef65

Old-Salt
I was out at a Schuetzenverein event yesterday evening. Apart from the usual ribbing, the Germans all think they are going to lose against England on Tuesday. That is an opinion I have never heard before among Germans.

Mal sehen!
To be objective about it, if there ever was a German team that England SHOULD beat, this is it..On paper, despite the enduring reputation of "die Mannschaft", Englands three lions are just about the better team at the moment.
Of course, whether it will actually turn out like that is a totally different matter.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ach donnerwetter!

' What's the prob Taff ? '

' Vikings Sir ! Fahsands of 'em ! '

View attachment 583944

Entente Cordiale has been resumed.

20210626_193941~2.jpg

Latest Threads