Euros 2021 - the I'm not sure if I care thread

Fat POM

War Hero
I've been drinking weizenbier, so Pimms seems a little bland.

There are two things about this otherwise excellent web community that irk me no end.

Firstly, those who would claim credit for something in which they did not have a contributing hand.

Secondly, those very ordinary people who join the army (Or other services) and suddenly transmogrify into old moneyed aristocratic lords of the manor, with vast country estates and tastes that transcend those of mere peonic mortals. Beagling, hunting and dry-stone walling are their new weekend pursuits, tweeds and brogues their new attire, while discussing the virtues of a well-rogered filly and a fine cognac.

Apparently football (The game of the unwashed hooligan) is beneath them, but they feel the need to display their superior sporting discernment and intellect on a thread about football. Boring tw4ts on the whole.
I'm not in the second group. I'm still scum.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I can only hope that the entire proceedings are drowned out by the stratospheric level of enthusiastic booing.
One needs to take the long view about this as there's fun to be had.

All the players and pundits currently boring us with their virtue signalling are going to face a very interesting dilemma about playing/waffling when it's World Cup time in Qatar. When the conditions and treatment of migrant workers become questions of the moment, I wonder how many of our socially concerned hypocrites will refuse to participate.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

All the players and pundits currently boring us with their virtue signalling are going to face a very interesting dilemma about playing/waffling when it's World Cup time in Qatar. When the conditions and treatment of migrant workers become questions of the moment, I wonder how many of our socially concerned hypocrites will refuse to participate.

Money talks.

Morals walk.

Dwarf

LE
You seem... Upset. May I recommend a glass of pimms old cock?
Pimm's Old Cock, is that another drink from the Pimm's brand?

This seems to be a repetitive theme for major events. I seem to remember something similar reported for Brazil and China.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Come on Scotland.
@Auld-Yin now don’t get over excited just look what happened yesterday evening, and that footballer is a lot younger than you so sit down and feet up.

Scotland should be caning this lot.

TamH70

MIA

Latest Threads