Europe's Ideal Employers 2011

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Alsacien, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

News Releases - Universum Global

The top 100 preferred employers in Europe with sector and gender breakdowns from 20,000 students from top European universities.

Banks are popular, but consumer electronics have dropped, and Greek students are more confident about landing their ideal job than Brits!

2. What a depressing list.

3. My brother works for Google. I can see why they're top of the list in most cases. It's not an office, but a playground.

4. Where's the other list?

Universcum: Europe's Worst Employers 2011

5. Mine's in the top 100!

6. same here. The rest must be abysmal.

It's a list of firms that students want to work for. Not the experience of time served staff.

In my experience Graduates tend to come in and think they should be project managing complex stuff within 12 months. Running before they can walk

Accenture burn them out by the time they are 30

7. So's mine, surprisingly.

8. Mine isn't! I'd have been a mite surprised it it had made it tho'...

9. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

My company's in the top 10 for those studying IT - and to be fair, its not a bad company to work for. But I'd have to say it's a 'nerds' company - the products are highly technical and only sold to organisations with huge turnovers. Definitely not a company for those seeking 'fun' applications to work on.

Interesting that IT students want to work for BMW, Nokia or Sony Ericsson - I would have thought the outlet for their skills was fairly restricted in those companies.

Wordsmith

10. My company is one in which we have quite successfully suppressed the nerd-instincts of hundreds of people wanting to make crap like self-erasing USB sticks and forced them to win customer business with offerings the customer wants. We send the nerds to CSC and elsewhere with our compliments...