European Vehicle (Bike) Insurance.

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Good CO, Jul 14, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm having real problems insuring a bike in Spain, both because of UK reg (which I can change) and UK license. I haven't been able to find a Euro policy either. Anyone out their had a non BFG Euro job and got this cracked?

2. Did not have posting, Mate who lived in belgium used to use his bike with green card for three months then say he was in uk for day and get new gren card. there are some in MCN that will cover you abroad though i would have thought.

Recruiting what problem!

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Being straight and boring, I don't want to go down the route of trying to bluff insurance companies, so have stuck with running on 3rd party only which my policy allows once the wider green card coverage has run out.

The local policies are incredibly expensive and many companies won't even touch it. I've only got 11 points, had 6 crashes and 2 bikes stolen in the last 3 weeks too.

4. I know nothing about insurance, however can I suggest you sell your bike and get something safer.

You sound like a bit of a liability (apologies for the pun).

5. Try the NAAFI Overseas policy (linked with Norwich Union). Here in the Sunny South just about every Brit uses them, as they are 100s of pounds cheaper than anyone else

6. 8O 8O Sod the bike insurance how did you get a job in Spain? 8O 8O