European Migrants - What will happen to them?

Forgive if this has been answered BUT...

What's going to happen to people already here for over 5 years?

Can they apply for indefinite leave to remain?

Will they be able to draw on the UK benefits system?

Forgive if this has been answered BUT...

What's going to happen to people already here for over 5 years?

Can they apply for indefinite leave to remain?

Will they be able to draw on the UK benefits system?
They'll all be deported to Jamaica.

Well, if we cant get rid of illegal immigrants who become rapists, murderers, and thieves, I doubt we'll be chasing out someone who works in a coffee shop or a bank.

In all seriousness, the current government doesn't actually appear to be planning to leave the EU at all. I don't expect they've so far spent five minutes thinking about issues of nationality, residence and access to public funds.

As there is no effective border or immigration control anyway, and the government has no clue who is living here or what the current population is to the nearest 10 million, I imagine someone from the EU could live their whole life here without even being detected as non-entitled to UK benefits.

It's a serious question, but oh well...
I'm sure it was and one that has been asked and answered several times on ARRSE's plethora of Brexit threads.

My answer by the way can be taken as serious. Given the UK's treatment of its citizens of Afro-Caribbean descent, there is no reason to suppose that foreign immigrants will be treated any better.

Given the UK's treatment of its citizens of Afro-Caribbean descent, there is no reason to suppose that foreign immigrants will be treated any better.

Alternatively, you could say that it took UK govt 50+ years to deal with a group of foreign nationals who hadn't bothered to apply for naturalisation.

Ergo, it'll take a century or so to deal with a few million EU immigrants - if they don't apply for naturalisation in the meantime...