European Elections, which way did you vote?

Who did you vote for?

• Change UK

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Green

• Labour

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • The Brexit Party

Votes: 130 87.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Independent

• Total voters
So a 'Eurosceptic' who thinks we should not be allowed to leave the EU?
Hey, these are weird times.Seems like most people are going to vote for a Brexit candidate. When they all get in and see their salary, perks and pension, I wonder if Brexit comes quicker? Maybe they will refuse to take the EUs money on principle?

Hey, these are weird times.Seems like most people are going to vote for a Brexit candidate. When they all get in and see their salary, perks and pension, I wonder if Brexit comes quicker? Maybe they will refuse to take the EUs money on principle?
I hope they take every penny they can - call it repatriating a small part of our £8.9bn (& rising) a year we pay into the Europonzi scheme.

I saw this on Twitter, aimed at the Tories and their decision to make de facto staying in the EU their policy, thus breaking their promises to leave:

D6UVWzzWwAIOPkL.jpeg

Based on polling (yep, I know it is not always reliable) we could be looking at the Tories ceasing to be a major force in politics in the UK. Being moderate in terms of predictions, if you assume that, in each seat, up to 1/4 of Tory voters might have gone to the Brexit party, the impact in terms of lost seats - not necessarily lost to Brexit party but lost to any party - could be huge.

Worryingly (as these people run the country) there is still little evidence that Tory MPs understand how angry their formerly core support is over not leaving on 29/03. We keep seeing PR stuff for people like Hunt and Javid, hoping to be next PM. At best, once there is a GE, they will be Leader of the Opposition. At best.

You don't get it do you? A vote for brexit is a great big fück you to the establishment. And their masters at the EU. Nothing more, nothing less. People know full well that the Brexit Party cannot implement brexit because they are not in power.

why do remainers, I assume, always think they know more about everything than anyone else? Then demonstrate that they're thicker than a whale omelette?

MEPs can't enact brexit at all. They're in the Euro parliament not Westminster.

just like leave weren't in government after the referendum so we're not responsible to get us out.

The eurolections will arrange the headaches for the current crop of MPs. And flood the mep talkshop with eurosceptics.

you never know, if the talkshop becomes an effective cool to the idiocy of the commission we might even stay.

Now, do f*ck off and think of something witty and intelligent to say.

Even though there are some votes not yet posted in this Thread poll, it is interesting to note that at 86.6% today, this is an increase in pro - Leave over the Referendum poll , nearly three years ago.
Also, the votes for UKIP have gone from massive majority to virtually non-existant, which clearly demonstrates a dislike of racism in Brexit supporters.

Also, the votes for UKIP have gone from massive majority to virtually non-existant, which clearly demonstrates a dislike of racism in Brexit supporters.
Not really. It could mean all sorts of things. My reading is that without Nigel Farage, UKIP just lost all direction, sense of purpose and support. That they depended so heavily on a single personality is not a good thing in a political party and I have my doubts about him leading a proper political party with a sustainable future. But in the context of an apparent disintegration of existing mainstream parties, who knows what might happen?

In the absence of any other political party with a commitment to anything approaching an unrestrained exit from the EU, I am content that he should serve a purpose.

The money, some of, we send to the eu can now be used directly in on UK London projects such of which you speak...

But without the middleman.
Fixed that for you. Although I'd like to believe that any savings, (although I suspect the hit the economy takes will leave us massively worse off than when we contributed to the EU), would be spent according to need, I think we'll see it squandered on central London. The regions can look forward to the square root of f*** all.

Not really. It could mean all sorts of things. My reading is that without Nigel Farage, UKIP just lost all direction, sense of purpose and support. That they depended so heavily on a single personality is not a good thing in a political party and I have my doubts about him leading a proper political party with a sustainable future. But in the context of an apparent disintegration of existing mainstream parties, who knows what might happen?

In the absence of any other political party with a commitment to anything approaching an unrestrained exit from the EU, I am content that he should serve a purpose.
I don't disagree with any of that, and don't think it contradicts the point I was trying to make.
UKIP was Farage. I don't remember being impressed by any other speaker for the Party. To his credit, he lead a Party, the only Party, to ban membership to certain, named organisations eg BNP.
Without him at the helm, the direction has changed.
Right now , he is gathering around him an increasingly impressive bunch of people, I'm sure more to come.
I very much doubt he wants to be PM, he thought his political work was done 3 years ago. But then we were betrayed, and he came back, to increased support.
I suspect a few more heavyweight Tory's are thinking of giving up on the sham that is the current 'Conservative Party'.

I saw this on Twitter, aimed at the Tories and their decision to make de facto staying in the EU their policy, thus breaking their promises to leave:

View attachment 392557

Based on polling (yep, I know it is not always reliable) we could be looking at the Tories ceasing to be a major force in politics in the UK. Being moderate in terms of predictions, if you assume that, in each seat, up to 1/4 of Tory voters might have gone to the Brexit party, the impact in terms of lost seats - not necessarily lost to Brexit party but lost to any party - could be huge.

Worryingly (as these people run the country) there is still little evidence that Tory MPs understand how angry their formerly core support is over not leaving on 29/03. We keep seeing PR stuff for people like Hunt and Javid, hoping to be next PM. At best, once there is a GE, they will be Leader of the Opposition. At best.
Well it happened in Canada, a wipeout is not beyond the realms of possibility here

It will be self inflicted if it happens

For all those who wonder what Nigel has, well look at it this way. This vote is to elect European MP’s, not for the House of Commons. So what policies does Nigel have for this great August bodie? HE’S GOING TO FOOK THEM ABOUT FROM BREAKFAST TIME TO BEDTIME, that is his party are going to make life hell for the gaulighters and make them wish they hadn’t concentrated on the money in the way that they have. He’s going to bring them to their knees, at a time when they are trying to set new agendas and a new budget. I hope they are so successful that nothing gets done while MAY and her Cohorts continue to try and keep the democratic will of the U.K. nation suppressed. A vote for anyone else will simply allow this joke that is the mother of all parliaments to continue to be the joke laughingstock it has become.

Just as a side issue, Jesser Dustbin the great white hope for Brexit, has done his upmost to avoid stating just what his policy is on Brexit. This from a man who LUSTS to nationalised the Air we breath, and yet, and yet is totally verboten from nationalising anything by the EU.

It could be argued that the UK has already changed, which is probably one of the primary driving forces behind Brexit. Maybe they should have been called 'The Change Back' party, but they want to remain, so maybe...call me Mr. Mad with this, 'The Remain Party'. Just a thought.

So, discounting all the other dross, you'd have 'The Remain Party' and 'The Brexit Party' on the same EU ballot paper. That could be seen as a sort of referendum re-run could it not?

It would solve the stalemate problem, and would still hand the mainstream shite their arrses.
Just as I noted about 50 pages ago, by holding the EU elections, we will affirm if we want to stay or want to leave the EU thus ruling out holding a 3rd referendum at all. Now that will make Louby-Loo and the rest of her Nazi sympathisers really happy as the Brexit vote smashes her face in like it’s been hit with a sledgehammer.

Still, could be worse...

Yep, he can they are called Gulags in the old Soviet empire, where his brain permanently lives. Under his preferred ideals we can all be brought together.