European Elections, which way did you vote?

Who did you vote for?

• Change UK

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Green

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • The Brexit Party

Votes: 271 82.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Independent

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Oooh... I dunno.

Quite possibly many WW1 soldiers would have a lot of time for a scheme to stop the Frogs and the Hun going kinetic every few years.
Yes and no:

The intelligentsia veterans probably; indeed many were in anti-war movements of the 1930's. The War Poets almost definitely (possibly to include Rupert Brooke had he lived long enough to have become embittered by the War as did Sassoon, Graves, etc).

The rank and file less so; they took a grim pride in having defeated the Hun in 1918 and they were strongly against any deal with Hitler in 1940, so much so that the intelligentsia were dissuaded from following their own predilection to make a deal with Hitler and elected Churchill instead (although it was a close run thing)....

Yes and no:

The intelligentsia veterans probably; indeed many were in anti-war movements of the 1930's. The War Poets almost definitely (possibly to include Rupert Brooke had he lived long enough to have become embittered by the War as did Sassoon, Graves, etc).

The rank and file less so; they took a grim pride in having defeated the Hun in 1918 and they were strongly against any deal with Hitler in 1940, so much so that the intelligentsia were dissuaded from following their own predilection to make a deal with Hitler and elected Churchill instead (although it was a close run thing)....

Now, I'm not disagreeing necessarily but you're not equating the EU with Nazi Germany are you?

Nigel Farage Walt!

I think Campbell will attempt to make capital , in more ways than one , out of this decision .... he has been pushed outside of the tent .

Last edited:

ugly

LE
And ironic that Osborne then fecked off to edit a Russian-owned newspaper.
Not that I have any time for tomorrows fish wrappers but calling it a newspaper when in reality its little more than a free ad rag is stretching the truth as is describing him as an editor!

Now, I'm not disagreeing necessarily but you're not equating the EU with Nazi Germany are you?

Nigel Farage Walt!
Not at all, as I made clear in my post the other day on the BREXIT thread. If anything, I’d class myself as a reluctant leaver.

Where there is a parallel is that the EU has got itself into a position as a result of the Euro, where the only option is a remorseless drive to closer political union. In reality, this is only to justify the cash, otherwise the whole project folds. Similarly, the unsustainable level of Nazi spending forced them to wage the aggressive war justified by their ideology.

But, no I certainly don’t think the EU is evil...

ugly

LE
Lib dems are merely the Green Party's less militant wing. They were comprehensively taken away from any further chance in Govt before 1939 and Labour took almost all of their seats in 1945. They were kept as far away from office and political reality until Cameron needed them to ensure Brown moved out. This was handy for them as they were able to develop (develop my arse) policies which promised free tins of vegan unicorn spam to every student which spectacularly backfired when Clegg lost his seat at the next GE. Camron (the grinning spiv's PR man) was determined to deliver on a promise ha had made to win the election before that one and it was the referendum. Unfortunately for the liberal elite it backfired and has eft them wondering where their next tofu rotisserie will come from!
Frankly the more members of parliament on the dole the better but this time please electorate of Ms Balls please remove her deposit!

Lib dems are merely the Green Party's less militant wing. They were comprehensively taken away from any further chance in Govt before 1939 and Labour took almost all of their seats in 1945. They were kept as far away from office and political reality until Cameron needed them to ensure Brown moved out. This was handy for them as they were able to develop (develop my arse) policies which promised free tins of vegan unicorn spam to every student which spectacularly backfired when Clegg lost his seat at the next GE. Camron (the grinning spiv's PR man) was determined to deliver on a promise ha had made to win the election before that one and it was the referendum. Unfortunately for the liberal elite it backfired and has eft them wondering where their next tofu rotisserie will come from!
Frankly the more members of parliament on the dole the better but this time please electorate of Ms Balls please remove her deposit!
In 1981 Davis Steele told his party to go back to your constituencies and prepare for government.
This present bunch of clowns have even less chance.

ugly

LE
In 1981 Davis Steele told his party to go back to your constituencies and prepare for government.
This present bunch of clowns have even less chance.
I remember that, they tried it a few times but as per usual failed. The Liberals before the gang of four tainted them were a reasonable pro countryside party that actually stood and won regularly where I grew up in Cornwall.

I think Campbell will attempt to make capital , in more ways than one , out of this decision .... he has been pushed outside of the tent .

Hmm.. perhaps he will attempt to get more sympathy for his condition .. BBC Two - Alastair Campbell: Depression and Me
snip

Alastair Campbell: Depression and Me
Alastair Campbell candidly talks about his experience living with depression and explores if radical new treatments can make a difference."

It must be because like the lying turd Blair, most people despise the arrogant, bullying piece of s**t he was as Blairs "spin doctor/bully boy" when Blair was PM.

Hmm.. perhaps he will attempt to get more sympathy for his condition .. BBC Two - Alastair Campbell: Depression and Me
snip

Alastair Campbell candidly talks about his experience living with depression and explores if radical new treatments can make a difference."

It must be because like the lying turd Blair, most people despise the arrogant, bullying piece of s**t he was as Blairs "spin doctor/bully boy" when Blair was PM.
My favourite was when he walked into a pub in Scotland with a sign up saying, 'No Campbells'.
He said jokingly to the owner, 'that obviously doesn't apply to me'.
'Oh yes, especially for you'.
He didn't like that, the poor turd.

snip

To be honest I would be very depressed if I was Alistair Campbell.
Being dog sh@t would be an improvement.
Or even a crouton.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
To be honest I would be very depressed if I was Alistair Campbell.
Being dog sh@t would be an improvement.
Or even a crouton.
I misread croutons as condom!!

That would be a reason to be depressed.

When Sinn Fein win a Westminster seat....they don`t take it up..........they don`t believe in the institution............?
Correct.

They use someone's serious political institution as a means of grandstanding to their narrow constituency of blinkered halfwits....

Luckily for us the mainstream British political scene has no such petty little tin gods.

No way.

Latest Threads