European Elections, which way did you vote?

Who did you vote for?

• Change UK

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Green

• Labour

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • The Brexit Party

Votes: 130 87.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Independent

• Total voters
Latest YouGov projection (I'm assuming England only) - see quote box for previous

My constituency is SE England, so 10 seats - were the above to be the outcome, AIUI the seats would be ...

Brexit Party - 35% (+1)
Lib Dem - 16% (+1)
Lab - 15% (-1)
Green - 10% (-1)
Con - 9% (-1)
Change UK - 5% nc
UKIP - 3% - not previously mentioned
Other - 7%- not previously mentioned

TBP ..... 35
TBP ..... 17.5
LDEM . 16
LAB ..... 15
TBP ..... 11.66
GRN ... 10
CON .. 9
TBP ..... 8.75
LDEM . 8
LAB ..... 7.5

5 - East Midlands BP3 LAB LDEM
7 - East of England BP3 LAB LDEM GRN CON
8 - London BP4 LAB LDEM GRN CON
3 - N.E. England BP2 LDEM
8 - N.W. England BP4 LAB LDEM GRN CON
10 - S.E. England BP4 LAB2 LDEM2 GRN CON
6 - S.W England BP3 LAB LDEM GRN
7 - W. Midlands BP3 LAB LDEM GRN CON
6 - Yorks Humber BP3 LAB LDEM GRN

TBP .... 29 ..... (+29)
LAB .... 9 ..... ( -8 )
LDEM .. 10 ..... ( +9 )
GRN ..... 7 ..... ( +4 )
CON ..... 5 ..... ( -12 )
UKIP ..... 0 ..... (-22)

Seats in England only, based on above. Yeah, I know, regional variations and all that!

BREX: 34% (+4)
LAB: 16% (-5)
LDEM: 15% (+5)
GRN: 11% (+2)
CON: 10% (-3)
CHUK: 5% (-4)

5 - East Midlands BP3 LAB LDEM
7 - East of England BP3 LAB LDEM GRN CON
8 - London BP4 LAB LDEM GRN CON
3 - N.E. England BP2 LAB
8 - N.W. England BP4 LAB LDEM GRN CON
10 - S.E. England BP4 LAB2 LDEM2 GRN CON
6 - S.W England BP3 LAB LDEM GRN
7 - W. Midlands BP3 LAB LDEM GRN CON
6 - Yorks Humber BP3 LAB LDEM GRN

TBP .... 29 ..... (+29)
LAB .... 10 ..... ( -7 )
LDEM .. 9 ..... ( +8 )
GRN ..... 7 ..... ( +4 )
CON ..... 5 ..... ( -12 )
UKIP ..... 0 ..... (-22)

gains & losses from last election.

I had the LibDems knock on the door just before lunch asking which way I was voting. They seemed a bit miffed when I said I had not decided, but it would definitely not be LibDem.
"Brexit?"
"Yup"
"Have you ever voted LD?"
"Yup, voted and donated."
"Oh"
Then I just handed back their leaflets and closed the door.

I look forward to the next gaggle of shysters knocking on my door.

Tories on Losing Election

May trundles onto stage and software error...

Theresa May today launched the Tory EU election campaign in a near-empty room by blasting Nigel Farage before she appeared to fluff her lines when promising to leave the EU.

In an extraordinary moment Mrs May began to say the Conservatives 'will' deliver Brexit - but stumbled and stopped herself - and then said 'can' instead - as her despairing MEP candidates watched on....
Watch - the land whales waddle of stage, do they work for PHE?

Elsewhere, Jeremy Hunt was asked why should voters vote Conservative

Silence....um err .... "if they support Conservative policies"

:facepalm

Vote Brexit, Tommy or DUP on 23 May

To avoid Eurovision last night, I was going to have an early night with this week's copy of AUTOCAR, but caught the BBC NEWS "Our World" . . . a half hour of reporting across Europe, on the "Far Right", in anticipation of next this week's EU election.

It would seem from Estonia, thro' Hungary, to Italy, France and Germany, the electorate share the BREXIT opinion of Brussels!

Not that the rest of our MSM are interested, in informing us :( .

Apparently, the results will be known next w/e. Will be VER-RY interesting!

I also enjoyed watching reporter Jean Mackenzie, for the first time. Mmmm ;) .

Still available on catch-up, whatever.

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Edited to add: To be broadcast again this evening 2130hrs Sun19MAY2019; and, for next 29 days on iPlayer . . . . .

BBC iPlayer - Our World - The Rise of the Right in Europe

1558258760209.png

Copied from Eurovision thread!!

Dan Snow claiming (on Twatter) that the Brexit Party somehow managed to get a flyer into the same envelope as his postal vote. He's being roundly ridiculed and called a liar.

EDIT: Linkazoid

Last edited:
The poll results speak for themselves.

The votes are going to a party whose present sole declared aim, and name, is to leave the EU
The Brexit Party only exists because the Tories failed to deliver it.

All the Tories had to do to receive EVERY vote that will go to the Brexit Party was to deliver Brexit.

May could have negotiated a better deal, or pulled the trigger and implemented a No Deal Brexit but she has failed, and we are still in the EU.

The Tories could be commanding 44% in the polls now v Labour's 10% if they only did as they were asked and what they promised they would do.

TM has destroyed the Tories, all we can hope for now is that the Brexit Party infiltrate the EU and push us from the inside out by making the other 27 members hate everything about us being there.

Brexit Party will win big and this will be a big wake up call to the Tory's, Labour & the EU.
As others have said UK MEP's will cause havoc in the EU and that might help us leave?

Given the parties in the running and my contempt for the big three, I might vote Brexit Party or just shit on my ballot paper. Not sure which one yet.
I didn't know the Paras, Marines and RAF Regt were standing.

Dan Snow, having shot himself in the foot, has just shot himself in the head: having first suggested that public servants may have put the Brexit flyer in the envelope along with his postal vote, he's now suggesting that the postman was interfering with his mail.

What a prat.

The campaign here in my part of Hampshire has also been pretty underwhelming. Leaflets from Labour, Greens and that nice Mr Farage is about it. This area is very blue, so I don’t think they can bothered to even put posters up. Perhaps you live in a similar lazy area, Wheel.

Dan Snow, having shot himself in the foot, has just shot himself in the head: having first suggested that public servants may have put the Brexit flyer in the envelope along with his postal vote, he's now suggesting that the postman was interfering with his mail.

What a prat.

Now Hezza's had the Tory whip withdrawn, as well.

Heseltine loses Tory whip over Brexit vote

Ironically, he'll be voting for a party who would say that old people shouldn't really be allowed to vote in such things, in any case.

Thank you ,That is the most info I have seen , i would presume local school where polling usually takes place.
North Staffordshire. Big leave vote around here in the referendum but not a peep from any party on these elections.

You're welcome. It only took 10 seconds.