European Elections, which way did you vote?

Who did you vote for?

• Change UK

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Green

• Labour

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • The Brexit Party

Votes: 130 87.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Independent

• Total voters
Conservative. Labour. Liberals. Change UK. Greens. SNP. One of these?
The Tories are claiming they are a leave party, not sure how that works. As for Labour they seem to want whats best for social justice, rights, the workers and a common market so mark them as remain, or leave, of sitting on the fence.

The Tories are claiming they are a leave party, not sure how that works. As for Labour they seem to want whats best for social justice, rights, the workers and a common market so mark them as remain, or leave, of sitting on the fence.
I got their little pamphlet today too.

Straight to bin.

Then I sent the boy out with my vote.

Given the parties in the running and my contempt for the big three, I might vote Brexit Party or just shit on my ballot paper. Not sure which one yet.

Voted Brexit Party. And sent them a few £.

Got a Tory leaflet in the post today. It says:

'The only party which can get Brexit done is the Conservative Party'

Bastard liars. They really think we are stupid.

I took my mums postal vote forms to her in hospital. Dad had filled his in with a flourish and posted it already. Mum has been in hospital for some time and I explained what the vote was for. She asked me to rip it up and put it in the bin as she didn’t have the strength to physically destroy it. She did have the strength to call a plague on all their houses though. Had to calm her down before a telling off from matron.

Which lies?

Post the answer in the Brexit thread.

Then give your head a wobble for being really, really stupid.
Do you really think anything will change after Brexit? You will notice no difference.

We will not be financially any better off, that money will vanish in replacing subsidies and the rest, the government of the day will fritter away as they do with most extra revenue. Immigration of EU citizens may slow a bit, but there will be no change will immigration from outside the EU. EU laws will still apply as we are not leaving most of that part of the Union, those that we do leave behind will just be enshrined in UK law. EU regulations, as in EN codes and work practice, will remain as those we trade with outside the EU will not accept a new set of standards and they expect us to maintain conformity to existing EU standards.

What differences are you expecting?

Do you really think anything will change after Brexit? You will notice no difference.

We will not be financially any better off, that money will vanish in replacing subsidies and the rest, the government of the day will fritter away as they do with most extra revenue. Immigration of EU citizens may slow a bit, but there will be no change will immigration from outside the EU. EU laws will still apply as we are not leaving most of that part of the Union, those that we do leave behind will just be enshrined in UK law. EU regulations, as in EN codes and work practice, will remain as those we trade with outside the EU will not accept a new set of standards and they expect us to maintain conformity to existing EU standards.

What differences are you expecting?
That’s a much more sensible post, and I can respect you having a differing opinion - although it isn’t evidence based, and is entirely subjective.

However, you haven’t specified the lies that you mentioned. Which specific lies?

In addition, which ‘subsidies’ are you thinking of? (Might be worth posting in the Brexit thread).

That’s a much more sensible post, and I can respect you having a differing opinion - although it isn’t evidence based, and is entirely subjective.

However, you haven’t specified the lies that you mentioned. Which specific lies?

In addition, which ‘subsidies’ are you thinking of? (Might be worth posting in the Brexit thread).
I work in construction in the commercial sector, that's industrial complex's, new build shopping and office developments. Some of these are on brownfield sites in deprived low-income areas, EU grants often pay for ground decontamination or sweeteners to encourage building there. Then there's the agricultural grant/subsidy that must be replaced with direct UK money.

Brexit was sold as money saving and self-determination. We will not see any savings. Determination wise we will just run in parallel to Europe matching what they do.

Brexi t wasn't sold as money saving.

The money, some of, we send to the eu can now be used directly in on UK projects such of which you speak...

But without the middleman.

I work in construction in the commercial sector, that's industrial complex's, new build shopping and office developments. Some of these are on brownfield sites in deprived low-income areas, EU grants often pay for ground decontamination or sweeteners to encourage building there. Then there's the agricultural grant/subsidy that must be replaced with direct UK money.

Brexit was sold as money saving and self-determination. We will not see any savings. Determination wise we will just run in parallel to Europe matching what they do.
Self-determination was the big sell, and partly that we would no longer be a contributor to the EU budget.

I am amazed that people still think the EU gives us money. It doesn’t.

Think of it like me giving you 20 quid, you giving me 5 quid back and then making a big song and dance that you’ve given me 5 quid. And told me what to spend it on.

That’s EU ‘subsidy’ in the UK.