European Elections 2019

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve just watched the PPB for (No) Change UK. What a pile of horse manure. However, at the end, their annoying so-called leader Heidi Allen (anyone told Chukka yet?) challenged Nigel Farage to a live TV debate this Friday, 17th May.
Will he take the bait? I reckon he will hand Ms Allen her arse!
I'm sure Farage has sufficient political nous not to give that insignificant loony party ChangeUK any air time.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
People who couldn’t be bothered to register didn’t get a vote. Oh dear, how sad. Never mind.
They were registered to vote. They were properly listed on the Electoral Register. The Government issued an edict at short notice requiring EU Citizens to complete further paperwork, and in many cases the Local Authorities either never posted out the required form (the only way to obtain it) or posted it out too late.

Britons in other EU states didn't get a [UK] vote? I thought you voted in the state that you were resident in for the Euro elections...?
Correct. If you register to vote locally. If you don't, you still have the option of a postal vote in your own country.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
There is a funny Bulgarian advertising of party "Vzrojdane" for this elections in Europarliament with moments from popular Ukrainian TV-Show "Servant of People". Banner "Only we can".

Looks like a bit eurosceptical.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
There are clever guys even between the Weed-heads.

------------
The VVD leader and Prime Minister asked Baudet why he won't face the threat posed by Russia and its president Vladimir Putin. He called Baudet naive in his attitude towards Russia. Baudet said: "In international politics you have no friends or enemies, only interests." According to the FvD leader, those interests are harmed by, for example, sanctions against Russia that affect agriculture and the flower sector. Rutte said Baudet wanted to keep Putin soothed and compared his dealings with Russia to "lovingly petting a lion", according to the broadcaster. He also called Baudet a "Russia lover".

The debate turned fierce because Baudet refused to agree that Russia was most likely behind the downing of flight MH17. He refused to support a request for clarification from the Russians about the disaster, something supported by almost the entire parliament. "I have my doubts about the investigation by the JIT [the international investigation team investigating the MH17 disaster]. Ukraine is also one of the possible perpetrators of this attack."
----------------

"Fear mongering" and "Russia lover": insults fly in debate between right, far right

More going on tonight than just the Brexit Party and Lib Dem surge. In Greece the PM has called for a snap election due to their results. Marine Le Pen ahead of Macron according to exit polls. Greens expected to do well in many European countries.

Andrew Neil has picked up on the Greek PM calling a snap election. He is also posting results.

1558906755415.png

1558906699887.png

Attachments

Last edited:
The BBC agenda is clear already. Bigging up the combined vote of the Lib Dems, the Greens and Change UK, despite the fact the latter are clearly an irrelevance.

Col. Thornberry has just made a valid point ( I know but bear with me) She says tonight shows that the EU elections are a single issue vote and I agree with her. This means that based on the votes so far, the UK overwhelmingly wants out....again. So anyone asking for a second referendum can just be shown these results.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Col. Thornberry has just made a valid point ( I know but bear with me) She says tonight shows that the EU elections are a single issue vote and I agree with her. This means that based on the votes so far, the UK overwhelmingly wants out....again. So anyone asking for a second referendum can just be shown these results.
The revolting Colonel Lady Nugee demonstrating a breathtaking level of hypocrisy when having a pop at the nearly as revolting ‘Tommy Robinson’ for using a dumbed down nom de politics.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nothing for Change UK in London areas thats them out of the race already.
Hardly surprising. If you stick 2 fingers up at the punters they’re likely to return the compliment. Hopefully they’ll all resign from Westminster and good riddance.